What Car ? - IanW1977
Afternoon - Looking for a car £2500 - £3000.
Must be under 1.5 for the Tax, be 5 doors, lowish mileage and have Air Con and CD player.

So far I got it to the Almera and Ibiza but looking at both I'm not keen on how the Ibiza drives or how the Almera's looks.

Not sure on a 206 with being a Pug and owning one for 8 years.

Any help appreciated

What Car ? - Lud
oldman (where he?) recommends recent 1400cc Fiestas, I forget the model name, which he described as 'cheap as chips with no gremlins'. Don't know if they come with air con though, perhaps not.
What Car ? - IanW1977
I think the Ghia X is a 1.4 and comes with A/C.

Insurance group 7 though unbelievably
What Car ? - Happy Blue!
So look for the 1.25 Fiesta. Great engine.
What Car ? - IanW1977
No 5 doors local to me.
Plenty of 3 doors
What Car ? - DP
Can highly recommend the Fiesta with the 1.4 Zetec-SE engine. Ridiculously lively for a small runabout and the engine is an absolute gem. Smooth, responsive, eager to rev and very frugal. 40 mpg is easily achievable. Tight, short throw gearbox, near perfect steering weighting and excellent handling. Ours has done 92k and mechanically feels like it will do the same again. No play in the gearchange, still responds instantly to the throttle, uses virtually no oil, and sounds sweet as anything.

Apart from repeated issues with front suspension bushes, and a water leak into the cabin around the heater matrix housing, the car itself has been very reliable too. I really enjoy driving it just because it's light, handles well and has surprising performance for what is basically a small shopping car / runabout.

Cheers
DP
What Car ? - IanW1977
Thanks - Initially discounted the Festa as the Almera cabin is nicer and with loads more features -
Is £2800 for a 1.5S Almera with 1 owner FSH and 55k miles a good price on a X Reg from a Dealer ??
What Car ? - movilogo
What about Hyundai Getz? You can a 2-yr old car in that price with 3-yr warranty remaining.
What Car ? - jase1
What about Hyundai Getz? You can a 2-yr old car in
that price with 3-yr warranty remaining.

I'd like to see one; Hyundai depreciation is nowhere near that bad any more :(
What Car ? - Avant
Try a Skoda Fabia. Bigger than a Fiesta and more fun to drive than an Almera (faint praise!). Go for a 1.4 100 bhp if you can.
What Car ? - MichaelR
Why are you basing the way you spend THREE THOUSAND POUNDS on whether or not you can save 60 quid a year on tax? Is that not rather daft?
What Car ? - IanW1977
Hello
Got a Clio 1.4i 16v Alize- X Reg 2001 29000 miles 1 owners FSH for £2800

Went with the 3 door as it was a very tidy car
What Car ? - L'escargot
Any help appreciated

Look in What Car? magazine! ;-)
--
L\'escargot.