vauxhall vectra charging problems - highflyer
I have a vauxhall vectra 1998 and when I bought it it had a new battery fitted 3 months previous ,after 6 months running it packed up so bought another new one. this one has lasted 5 months and it finally succummed .
when the car is stood with the dead battery the reading across the terminals is 11.5v.... when running the reading goes to 13.7v..... when I dissconnect the teminals from the battery when it is still running the reading across the terminals is still13.7v so the alternator is still giving a reasonable output..... could it be just coincidence that I have had two dud batteries or could it be something else any help would be appreciated
Thnx............................
vauxhall vectra charging problems - sine
>>when I dissconnect the teminals from the battery when it is still running the reading across the terminals is still13.7v so the alternator is still giving a reasonable output

Seems a risky thing to do!
13.7 volts Charging voltage is ok.

Is the battery actually dead or has it just gone flat through the cars lack of use & alarm drain etc, short journeys or someother power drain?
It could be coincidence that 2 have failed but Batteries normally come with a few years warrenty and at Halfords they'll check it and give you a new one if its faulty.