Right car wrong car - pete
Found the right car wrong car excellent last night , it made Driven very hard viewing , top entertainment.
Re: Right car wrong car - Bono Estente
Nickers, and I wasn't sure which one to tape while SWMBO was watching The Bill, and I've gone for Driven.
Hope they drove the Bentley like they did the BM last week.
Any chance of a summary of Right Car? What did they put Freelander woman in? :0)
Re: Right car wrong car - David W
Unusually I had to work past 10pm to get todays job out in time. Video'd Right Car Wrong Car and caught 30secs where something was towing a horse trailer.

Looks promising but I bet there wasn't a tax exempt Series LR on the list.

Might watch over a late breakfast.

David
Re: Right car wrong car - Moosh
Her choice a Nissan Terrano TD.
Re: Right car wrong car - Honest John
I watched Driven, taped Wrong Car, then got so fed up watching the same old thing to the same old formula with the same old phrases especially about finance that it drove me to the pub. In contrast, Driven was a hoot. Great fun.

HJ
Re: Right car wrong car - David Millar
I must be mellowing because I have enjoyed some of the recent high speed antics on Driven whereas I always felt Top Gear was contrived and OTT. The little Lotus Elise v Bentley shoot-out is not so daft. If you want good fun, check out this year's VSCC meeting at Oulton Park where hopefully you cansee a Morgan 3-wheeler racing alongside and beating a vintage Bentley. The invitation all 3-wheeler race is also great fun if it is still being run.

David
Re: Right car wrong car - Jason
Is the Nissan Terrano II not due to be replaced by the X-Trail?

Even when that programme was made, the two motoring experts should have been aware of this and informed her. If this is the case then that lady spent out a lot on a soon to be obsolete model and will lose even more money. Better advice required I think. I preferred the Shogun anyway.

I thought that a person with cash and no trade in was a dealers dream. Now it seems that a person with no trade in and wanting finance is the dream punter.
I don't know..you save up your hard earned money.
Re: Right car wrong car - Steve G
Enjoyed Driven.
Reminded me of the Touring car races from the early 90's great fun.
The Lambo piece was a bit feeble though.
Re: Right car wrong car - David W
Just watched the tape of RCWC. Obviously interested me with the horse trailer towing and local slant.

With a lot of miles for her job and the need for serious towing ability (meaty trailer and large horses) she might have been a candidate to get a old Defender TDi plus a proper (used) car.

She obviously needed the "McDonalds/pen" holders in the week and the "don't care if I dent it" attitude at the weekend. Hard to get a vehicle that does both well.

With the mileage she'll pile on, and the inevitable scuffing, the Nissan will lose a fortune over the four year finance period.

Interesting the old Freelander had covered 126K (didn't hear her moan about it either), pity Sue couldn't do a long term report here!

David
Re: Right car wrong car - J Bonington Jagworth
I didn't see all of Driven, but the bangernomic racing was fun (not sure why they needed alloys, though) and surprisingly closely matched. Didn't expect Max Power to beat the Lotus guys! (and why did only the circuit race count?).

I've got bored with RCWC, though - it's too formulaic and the choice is far too small, IMHO.
Re: Right car wrong car - Simon R
Agreed - format of RCWC is starting to get tired already, although the Terrano was the best long term choice.

Driven is in danger of losing its edge as well. The banger racing was contrived (who needs a rear spoiler and stereo) and didn't show the interesting angle on how each change (ie tyres, suspension, engine, brakes) would affect lap times.

Bring back Deals on Wheels!
Re: Right car wrong car - Tomo
Well, there was only a half hour for the whole Driven programme and they have to entertain as well as instruct.

Consider me as a twerp if you like, but I enjoyed it all. I'd take the Ford, failing the Murcielago!

Cheers, Tomo
Re: Right car wrong car - Phil
Aye, Driven was not bad this week, the banger racing was good fun. That XR4x4 was clearly quicker, just Plato got a better start.

RCWC is funny when the victim of the show doesn't quite play along to the rigid format, all makes it look a bit sloppy(er). I thought the Terrano II was quite a good buy though, she got a serious discount on it because it was at the enf of the line.

I am glad that lifting the bonnet is over, was worse than ever this week. Send Sangita back to meedya school I say.
Re: Right car wrong car - Graham Sherlock
In Driven, Plato not only had a good start, I re-wound the tape, and call me picky, but I would call it a jump start.
Re: Right car wrong car - Double Decker
Erm! Picky - Surely a jump start would have held our Jase back a bit? Oh! You mean a *false*start! Only kidding .....

DD
Re: Right car wrong car - Steve G
Agreed Graham !
Would be great if one of motoring racing clubs started a series for 90's saloon/hatchbacks.The 750 motor club has a series for Hot hatches (XR2,205 GTi,106 Xsi e.t.c ) which attracts the largest number of entries for a racing series in Europe (over 100 cars at some events).No doubt a family saloon/hatchback championship would be just as popular.
Re: Right car wrong car - Honest John
Jason thought that the Terrano II was to be replaced by the X-Trail. It doesn't seem so because Nissan has just gone and plonked a 3.0 litre diesel into it. That's what probably makes it a good tow car.

HJ
Re: Right car wrong car - Andrew
Dont think the X Trail is replacing the Terrano. The former is a SUV and the latter a thoroughbred 4x4. Different markets.

Andrew
Re: Right car wrong car - Jason
sorry to mislead about the Terrano II being replaced by the x-trail. Looks like my guestimate was wrong.

i've let everyone down, particularly myself etc...