Corsa 1.2 Vegas Starting Problems - ojcorsa999
HELP, HELP, HELP!

I am having a bad day .. please can someone help .. i'll take a few moments to explain and won't miss anything out in case it's important and I've over looked something. I'm no expert but this is driving me up the wall!

OK Here is the situation ..

P Reg 1997 Vaux Corsa 1.2i Vegas. 62K and very well looked after. Recently took half a day to service using engine flush as the other half uses the car for short journeys and rocker box can show signs of emulsification. Ran through the basics, flush, oil, filter etc etc. At the same time fitted new pads, discs and arranged for 4 new tyres. Poured a bottle of Wynns Petrol Treatment in prior to driving home from a friends house where the work was carried out. From memory I added the petrol treatment to around 15l of petrol and not a full tank as recommended. All basic stuff. Drove beautifully on way home and there is stayed til the next morning.

Next day, turned the key and nothing. Battery is spot on but there is absolutely no firing at all. Friend of mine took a look and we found that with determination and a lot of fuel flooding problems we could get the car running, albeit misfiring badly, and when it warmed up it was ok. He checked plugs and other stuff and once the car was driven it was fine. Next morning the car was fine. That evening it wouldnt work again.

Friend looked at car again and this time we couldnt get it going. He removed plugs and heated them up on my gas cooker. Once replaced, car turned over almost immediately. We then asked another friend to run a diagnostic and he found coolant temp sensor high when the car was still relatively cold. As this was only £11 to change, I went ahead and bought the sensor and fitted it. The car started and off we went.

Next morning - nothing again.

Took it into Vauxhall and left it with them. It started first time and they rang me and said there is nothing wrong with it. I asked them to keep it in overnight and run it from cold. The car fired up again perfectly from cold and I picked up the car and brought it home.

Guess what - next morning, get in the car and it wont start!

Vauxhall think there may be a problem with injector or ecu message regarding injector as there were previous fault codes but they have been resolved. Usual vauxhall prices £300+ vat no labour for each option.

Anybody got any ideas. Seems intermittent and that would suggest electrics?

I have bought a single point injector unit for £40 from breaker and see if this could be faulty?

Anyone who can help me resolve this is officially a genius

Any help appreciated ...
Corsa 1.2 Vegas Starting Problems - Screwloose
oj

Were it not for the fact that you've already changed the coolant temp sensor; this one would have been obvious.

There have been problems with the connexions on the coolant sensors on these, so maybe there's an intermittent loss of contact and the ECU then thinks it's fuelling for -40C. There may be a modified loom available; check with Vaux parts.

Check the contacts in the plug are sound and clean and consider the possibility of a faulty new sensor?