Head ofHyundai Motors - jailed in Korea - Falkirk Bairn
Financial irregularities @ Hyundai Motors (Also owns Kia) - he got 6 yrs

On the Bright Side

At least his warranty on the KIA Ceed (if he has one) will still be active (7 yr Warranty)
when he gets out.
Head ofHyundai Motors - jailed in Korea - hillman
I worked for a while in Seoul with the engineering branch of the company, hence it has given me an interest. He is a true son of his father. I read that his father was a North Korean farmboy who absconded with the family cow, went south, sold the cow and started a motor repair business with the proceeds. His business empire started from that . When he was established he drove a herd of cows north and presented them to his family.
I didn't get the impression that he was actually jailed, though. He is continuing to be chairman while the legal processes for his appeal are proceeding.
Head ofHyundai Motors - jailed in Korea - AlanGowdy
They do seem to have some odd business practices in Korea. The family that controls Samsung electronics does so despite holding - I believe - less than 10% of the company stock. Mind you, they are under investigation by their government.
Head ofHyundai Motors - jailed in Korea - Vincent de Marco
Oh yeah, under investigation.
Please do not disturb, Investigation in progress....................... 1%......................... 1.5% ............................ 2% ..............................
2.7% .................................. zzzzzzz............ zzzzzzzzzzzzzz .......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ................... 3% ............................................................

It'll never come to its end. Wanna bet ?
- - - - - - -
Free enterprise is the basis of western economy.