New remote fob for 2006 Ford Focus - pinkpanther_75
Hi there - new member today !!

I recently purchased a 2006 Focus 1.6 LX which came complete with it's original remote key and non remote key. As my wife and I share the car I managed to obtain a new remote fob from ebay last week. I then obtained a new key blank from GK Ford and had it cut to match the car. I've followed the instructions in the car handbook to allow the new remote fob to lock/unlock the car but have found the new remote key won't start the car - due to the immobiliser I presume. Can I program this myself or does it have to be done by a Ford main dealer ?

I've found lots of information on the internet relating to Mark II mondeo's which work on my car (programing unlocking all doors / drivers door only etc) but the instructions on how to add a new key to the system do not seem to work.

Any help / advice would be much appreciated.

thankyou

seant
New remote fob for 2006 Ford Focus - LeePower
Read the part in the owners handbook about the PATS immobiliser, it tells you how to programme more PATS keys, takes less then a minute to do.

You already have 2 x coded PATS keys so it is a diy job you can do yourself, you only need a Ford dealer / auto locksmith when you dont have 2 x coded keys.
Hi Leepower and thanks for your prompt reply.

I've read through the manual and it makes no mention of the "Pats" immobilser. It does mention how to make the new remote fob lock/unlock the car, which i have succesfully done.

I found a website which stated for the mondeo MkII (PATS II) that you insert your original coded key and turn the ignition from 0-II, then insert seconded coded key and repeat and finally insert new key and repeat. I've tried this but the new key still does not disarm the immobilser.

Thats how it should be done.

You 100% sure you bought the correct key of Ebay? You need the later blue spot type key for a 2006 car.

Also has this Focus been a hire car? Some hire cars have the key coding turned off by Ford to stop theft by getting another key cut & coded outside the dealership network.
I think that may be it. I bought the car from Motorhouse2000 but it was originally registered to Hertz, so I guess it started life as a rental.

I assume "keycoding" needs turning back on by a dealer ?
If it has been turned off then yes it would.

If your 100% sure its the correct key you have bought then its looking like a trip to Ford might be on the cards after all
I'm pretty sure its the correct fob. The numbers inside it match up to the original and it has the new thin blade key, as opposed to the older round blade.

thanks for your help.
New remote fob for 2006 Ford Focus - Dynamic Dave
See if the following is of any help. It does say Mondeo, but apparantly it's the same for *most* (if not all) Fords.

www.mirez.co.uk/KeyProg.htm