Just bought an S-Type diesel. - tr7v8
Well picked it up today, a 44K mile 54 Reg 2.7DSE in Zircon with Cashmere.
I'm in love, I'd intended buying something a fair bit older but the seductive smile
of the sales lady & my wife whispering "Go on have an early 50th Birthday pressie"
So we did, first impressions are it's very smoooth & quite quick.

An useful websites or fora?
Is it a cam chain or belt?

Two things I always said I wouldn't do another diesel & spending that amount of cash.
Well it's still got another years Jag warranty which is extendable & it's my Birthday later in the year so thats my excuse.
Just bought an S-Type diesel. - Vincent de Marco
Well then, happy birthday ;)
Great car !
- - - - - - -
Free enterprise is the basis of western economy.
Well then, happy birthday ;)
Great car !
- - - - - - -
Free enterprise is the basis of western economy.

Yup another 4 months to wait ;-) Thanks, better impressions after a few days but it's hugely different to the 87 Porsche 944 which has been my daily driver :-0
Just bought an S-Type diesel. - LeePower
If you want engine information ask on one of the Peugeot / Citroen forums because its really just a rebadged PSA HDI lump.
Just bought an S-Type diesel. - barchettaman
Are you intending on taking it to the Nürburgring, Clarkson-style? :-)
Just bought an S-Type diesel. - Hamsafar
Is that the same 2.7 Diesel used in the current LR Discovery? Just wondering them both being owned by Ford.
Just bought an S-Type diesel. - Hamsafar
Yes...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_AJD-V6_engine
Just bought an S-Type diesel. - csgmart
Lucky you!

A good site for information on Jags is www.jag-lovers.com

They have a seperate forum for each model of car (X-Type, S-Type etc). Nice friendly bunch although you do get quite a few US folks on there [nothing wrong with that]. The site is based in Belgium but is 100% English speaking/typing etc.

One day maybe.......
Lucky you!
A good site for information on Jags is www.jag-lovers.com
They have a seperate forum for each model of car (X-Type,
S-Type etc). Nice friendly bunch although you do get quite
a few US folks on there [nothing wrong with that].
The site is based in Belgium but is 100% English speaking/typing
etc.
One day maybe.......

Yes thanks I'd found this on a another site, very good probably the best I've seen so far.
Petrols are sensible money but the diesels are still very strong.
Yup to be precise a PSA/Ford joint venture used in LR TDV6, 406 etc.
Just got this answer from Pistonheads
It is a twin belt drive and twin chain drive! One belt at the front for driving the exhaust cams and another belt on the back for driving the fuel pump. The two chains are for each banks' cam-to-cam drive. The belts and chain are for 10 years and/or 150000 miles when the engine would require a major overhaul.
Just bought an S-Type diesel. - Vansboy
the sales lady & my wife whispering "Go on have an early 50th Birthday pressie"

& why not!!

Notice you mention sales LADY - bet she was much easier to buy from & knew her product well!!

& if it's a Jaguar dealer, you'll have EXCELLENT back up, if they're anything like we used to have, when we were lucky enough to own XJ's!!

Also, start saving for you early 60th pressie - you'll want one of them there next generation ones, won't you??!!

VB
Just bought an S-Type diesel. - Westpig
I am most jealous.......I have a 7.5 year old 3.0SE, which with it's low mileage and nothing wrong with it, hasn't been worth swapping in. I have test driven the diesel and was very impressed. I fully plan to have a diesel, one day, but the wallet/ SWMBO says no at the moment and isn't likely to change in the near future either.

Would be interested to hear what mpg you get (as long as you include an honest break-down of your driving style)

can confirm the earlier comment re positive dealer experiences......from a Plymouth based dealer and a North London one, both very good.

hope you enjoy it....lovely car.
the sales lady & my wife whispering "Go on have
an early 50th Birthday pressie"

Yes she was very thorough and apparently started off in the sales off admin.
She was also very fit which my wife still believes influenced the sale, of course not dear! First sales lady I've ever dealt with & very impressed.
Just bought an S-Type diesel. - LeePower
The 406 never had this engine fitted.

Just bought an S-Type diesel. - midlifecrisis
It's fitted in the 407!
The 406 never had this engine fitted.

Yup you're correct I didn't realise it's a Ford manufactured engine as well.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_HDi_engine
Just bought an S-Type diesel. - Bill Payer
The belts and chain are for 10 years and/or 150000 miles when the engine would
require a major overhaul.

That sounds expensive - might be a good idea to sell when it's nine and a half years old!
Just bought an S-Type diesel. - jc2
Thr "re-badged " PSA lump is a joint development between Ford and PSA and is manufactured by Ford and is used by PSA.