2 incidents the 1st not my fault - AndrewMarc
I have had 2 incidents recently.

Note - I have 3rd party insurance

The first happened on New years eve and while q ing in a carpark ata supermarket a senior citizan backed straight into my front wing and has cause about £160 of damage - dent in wing and scratch on door.

The senior citizan in question said he would pay cash if reasonable and I had my girlfriend in car and the mob no of a further witness. I have his home number and reg number

The second inccident was my fault and basically I broke my front light and the same wing is a write off.

My question therefore relates to if the senior citizan disputes the amount, I will need to involve witness and insurance and make a claim and wondered what the legal situation is.

The 2 sets of damage to the wing are distinct but i need to fix so wondered what to do before having removed.

So what should I do and can i claim against the senior is I have subsequently written off the wing

Thanks

Andrew

2 incidents the 1st not my fault - martint123
I take it from reading your post that you haven't reported the first incident to your insurer? They may ask why you haven't reported it as most policies say accidents must be reported as soon as possible,

If the first repair price was reasonably accurate I don't see how you could expect the other person to pay for damage you have subsequently done. If I was in your position of only having 3rd party insurance, then I'd get it fixed myself and hope that the other guy would still cough up something towards it.

Martin
2 incidents the 1st not my fault - BobbyG
Yip, whatever total cost of repair, ask the other person for £160 towards it.
2 incidents the 1st not my fault - Navara Van man
Simple ask the guy who backed into you for £160. He clearly doesnt want to involve the insurers and will jump at it. second, damadge the wing a bit more so as to remove any definition between the two areas and claim on your insurance.

Your only other option is to get a body shop to fix your wing for cash and no report it to the insurance company at all.
2 incidents the 1st not my fault - mikeyb
As you know the damage for the first incident was £160 then just ask the guy for it. Its not a lot so he is likely to pay. You then pay for any repairs over and above this.