Skoda Octavia mpg & digital readout - Crinkly Dave
Bought a Skoda Octavia Estate May 2003 (Pre PD diesel) hoping to average 50+

Digital read out indicates 53 average usually, after 20+ miles

Did a brim to brim test, and managed 427 miles for 45 litres, or 43 mpg. Could be an error in filling in my part, but this is 20% lower than I was hoping for.

OK. It is the Elegance, so has horrible wide tyres that will sap 3-4% of mpg, and it is the estate, which will be heavier, but would still have expected 47 or so

Ideas? No brakes binding, and recently serviced
Skoda Octavia mpg & digital readout - borasport20
What engine size/output
What sort of journey pattern ?

The TDI I had (1.9, 90hp), over the three years i had it averaged 47-48, but the trip computer was usually 7-10% optimistic

--
Go on, get out of the car...
www.mikes-walks.co.uk
Mixture of town and country, but did include trip to warwick and back, and some other motorway work, but with me staying to limits

It is the 1.9 diesel 110hp

Your 48 sounds what I would expect in real life (despite quotes of 50+ from dealer) but I appear to be getting 10% less

Of course, using the digital display relies on 2 on car measuring systems (odometer and fueling chip) both of which could be slightly out
Skoda Octavia mpg & digital readout - Pugugly {P}
Air con on or off ?
Good point

Not used to AC, and this thing has Climate Control, usually left on Econ but turned off when I drive it
Skoda Octavia mpg & digital readout - AndyT
You do know that Econ switched on,means the Aircon compressor is off? And Econ switched off, means the Aircon is on. Or do you mean you turn off the heating totally?
I have "econ" displayed about ½ the time, occasionally on "auto" and the rest of the time I have the display off