Suzuki Carry Sprinter :-) - stunorthants26
On reading about the Merc Sprinter it made me think about my van - sure its not searingly fast, but its quicker than you would think.

It weighs only 873kg and has nearly 80BHP - not sure what sort of power to weigh ratio this gives and what sort of cars that puts it up against, but it does more than 70 mph in 3rd gear and ive had it up to 100 mph and it was still pulling.

Its very low geared and as with the Sprinter, you start in 2nd gear usually.

Anyone with PTW info on cars got a car with similar power to weight figures? Id just be interested to know what sort of 0-60 it might have as I nearly beat a 2.0 Audi from some traffic lights up to 50mph and he didnt get that far away by the time I hit the legal limit.

Just curious
Suzuki Carry Sprinter :-) - mss1tw
The complete opposite of most old Transits then!
Suzuki Carry Sprinter :-) - DavidHM
92 bhp/tonne puts it into 1.8 litre repmobile territory, e.g., Mondeo LX is 125 bhp/1,375 kg for 90.9 bhp/tonne - so actually quite respectable although above 60 I reckon the gearing and the aerodynamics would start slowing it down.

Even the 174 bhp Caravelle only has 74 bhp/tonne (in nine-seat form).
Suzuki Carry Sprinter :-) - Sprice
I nearly beat a
2.0 Audi from some traffic lights up to 50mph and he
didnt get that far away by the time I hit the
legal limit.

Either he was a rubbish driver then or he wasn't racing you!
I think I caught him offguard!

Thanks for the PTW info, its interesting to see how it compares - Im guessing that at low speeds, its faster than most 1.3 superminis.
Suzuki Carry Sprinter :-) - Wales Forester
I think I caught him offguard!

Maybe the Audi driver was busy looking to see if Sooty was going to pop out of a flap in the side!! ;-)
Suzuki Carry Sprinter :-) - AlastairW
In the most recent series of Topgear the boys raced vans. Hamster went for a Suzuki Carry and thrashed the Transit and LDV in a straight line. Trouble was it fell over when he tried a corner!
Yeah but that was an old one, mines not too bad round corners - it understeers a long time before it rolls.
Suzuki Carry Sprinter :-) - Dynamic Dave
Trouble was it fell over when he tried a corner!

Which was obviously staged.