BMW service - Dog Breath
The clock symbol/warning has appeared on my beemer.

I have been told that this is an annual thing - warning me that the car should be taken in to the garage to check the fluid levels for brake fluid etc.

Don't they check these as part of the service? Surely I can check these things myself and top up as necessary.

Sounds like a con to me.
Re: BMW service - Double Decker
DB

Whist sitting in the Vauxhall Bridge car-park, have a close look at you handbook, and I believe you will find that the clock warning relates to the need to renew completely the relevant fluids due to their deterioration over time - normally two years.

There is no direct link with the servicing, and hence the warning. Nothing to stop you from renewing fluids yourself, depending on your warranty, but do ensure that the warning is reset.

DD

PS Deep breaths on both fronts ....
Re: BMW service - Andy Bairsto
Buy a reset tool from europarts and reset the alarms when you want.
Re: BMW service - John S
DD is right - it's a reminder to change, not check, brake fluid and coolant. I have had this done in the past on a BMW and the labour (E30 318) was about 0.6 hours for the brake fluid - and I'm damn sure I couldn't do it as quick!

Regards

John
Re: BMW service - Dave Lacey aka Dr Dave
Yep :-) Best to pay a little and get it done properly.....I could think of better things to do on a Bank Holiday Friday