diesel particulate filter - Audi A4 (06) - colin99
Hi. I have an Audi A4 cabrio. '06 model 4 cylinder2.0 Tdi. Since purchase , filter has been a nightmare. Clogs up on short and repetitive town journeys.Broken down 3 times to be towed away. Had new ECU, new filter, new sensors. Light is still coming on. Been in over 15 times to Audi. they say car cannot have filter removed. I love car but hate filter with passion. C
I have even written letter saying they may have to refund for car if it breaks down again.
Can I buy an additive for fuel? Is their insistence that car will not run without filter correct?
Car done 6000. Whet next?
diesel particulate filter - 659FBE
Have a look at the Briskoda website under Skoda Superb. The Cat IV diesels are causing so much grief with filter clogging that the recommendation of owners who have these cars is not to buy one. Apparently, VAG are not interested in providing help, saying it's down to the dealers.

You are a victim of Euro regulations - I bought one of the last VW Cat III diesel engines to avoid this problem. Diesels may not be worth having any more, especially in view of the maintenance costs associated with the particulate filters.

diesel particulate filter - BobG
Sorry to bring bad news but particulate filters just hate short trips and town driving. I almost bought a Renault fitted with one until the technician at my main dealer told me that i would be better off with another engine. It seems that they like a good run rather than town driving and I was also told that if I removed it there would be engine management problems.
diesel particulate filter - Armitage Shanks {p}
In summer 2004 there was a shortage of the EOLYS fluid used in PSA diesels and their particulate filters, to the extent that many cars were put out without the filter fitted so there is a way round the problem. But the car has to have one fitted if it was registered after 1 st October 2004, in order to be EURO IV compliant SFAIK.