Wheels- Steel/Alloy? THE clear winner - henry k
www.mobilemag.com/content/100/354/C10295/

blog.cardomain.com/blog/2006/10/clear_wheels.html

And if you still have money to burn--
The video clip referred to is four and a half minutes long and totally repetative.
www.ifilm.com/video/2781478
Wheels- Steel/Alloy? THE clear winner - nick
I'm speechless. Or not. Otherwise I wouldn't have said that. Whatever.....
Wheels- Steel/Alloy? THE clear winner - Dynamic Dave
What do you clean them with? Windowlene perhaps?
Wheels- Steel/Alloy? THE clear winner - rtj70
Expect to see these $2000 per wheel on a cheap Citroen Saxo nearby then? What a waste of money.

Some will say most alloys a waste (they typically weigh more than steel rims on your average as opposed to exotic car) but this is plain dumb.

Wheels- Steel/Alloy? THE clear winner - oldgit
They're hideous but moreso from the sheer low 'profility' (invented word) of the fitted tyres.

I must admit to having thought about 'plastic' wheels before, but could not really think of any advantages, only some disadvantages of using some sort of synthetic polymer of sufficient strength.
Wheels- Steel/Alloy? THE clear winner - Group B
Lexan scuffs really easily doesnt it? They will look a dogs dinner in a few months..

At first glance they reminded me of the hubless wheels I saw on a Sbarro concept car sometime in the mid 80's. Which as I understand it are about as impractical as these plastic ones!..

www.osmoswheel.com/pages/galerie_photo.asp?lang=en#
Wheels- Steel/Alloy? THE clear winner - Red Baron
I hope that these are only ever used as display models.

Give the plastic, regardless of what it is, a few thermal cycles from some serious braking and it will embrittle, warp, crack and craze.

Loooooooooooooooooooonatics

Wheels- Steel/Alloy? THE clear winner - VR6
And it would be a pain to clean all the brake dust which would stick to the inside face of the wheel. Don't really fancy taking the wheels off each time they need a clean!
Wheels- Steel/Alloy? THE clear winner - martint123
I prefer the hubless ones www.osmos-wheel.com/pages/application_motos.asp
The pushbike looks stunning www.osmos-wheel.com/pages/application_cycles.asp

Martin
Wheels- Steel/Alloy? THE clear winner - L'escargot
The pushbike looks stunning www.osmos-wheel.com/pages/application_cycles.asp

Not much clearance under the frame for mounting kerbs on the one with the blue background.
--
L\'escargot.
Wheels- Steel/Alloy? THE clear winner - Armitage Shanks {p}
I had a Citroen SM a LoooooooNG time ago - fibreglass wheels were on the option list, i think there was a claimed weight advantage and they were used on Citroen rally cars at the time. Haven't seen or heard of them since so I guess they were not an unqualified success
Wheels- Steel/Alloy? THE clear winner - martint123
The snag with fireglass and nowadays carbon fibre wheels is that they have no give and at extreme loads will shatter rather than bend.