LP Gas Conversion. - Dave Smith
LP Gas conversions on toyota camry. Has anyone experience of the overall consumption and reliability on these conversions? I am considering buying one in the near future.
DS
Re: LP Gas Conversion. - richard turpin
No experience of this car but other experience is all good. Only problem seems to be where to put the tank. The outlet HAS to be at the bottom. You can have more than one tank. The expensive ones are the "fitted" tanks eg in the spare wheel tray.
Re: LP Gas Conversion. - Guy Lacey
Eh?

The *cheapest* tanks are the small toroidal tanks fitted in the spare wheel well as they are only 30litres max. The most expensive tanks are those that are 80 litres and over (such as mine) with the quick-fill lines. The top range tanks are combined petrol/LPG tanks.

No the outlet does not have to be at the bottom - the outlet from my 80ltr tank is at the top as are all the other installations I have seen.

Economy is roughly 10% down on petrol. Performance indifferent but smoother on LPG.

There have been comments ref converting more modern engines and ending up wth horrendous over-consumption of LPG versus petrol. My conversion is on a 10yr old car.

Best you can do is search the forum for this subject as it has been discussed many times.

Oh, btw, the price of LPG has stayed steady at 35p/L while other fuels have gone up 2-4p/L in the past week. At Sainsbury's, I get 4p/L off my fuel due to my weekly shop which makes it 31p/L.