MOT Advisories & Passat - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Passat PDI 100 just got through the MOT with an emissions reading of 0.21. Is that good?

The advisory this year was that front discs were slightly worn- well yes it has done 89,000 miles.

Last year another garage insisted I replace a CV joint gaiter and said the other was on its way out , plus low brake fluid and rusty brake pipes. As the brake fluid was on max I ignored them. And no mention this year.
I guess the main dealer was happy enough getting me to pay for a new radiator and other work.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
MOT Advisories & Passat - dieselnut
Yes , quite clean. Is it fitted with a particulate filter.
When I took my C5 2.2Hdi for its MOTearlier this year, the tester couldn't get a reading above 0.1 despite numerous attempts ( with me cringing at the sound of the flat out engine ). I think he thought his emissions equipment had failed.
It passed & I put the fellow out of his missery when I told him the car had a particulate filter fitted. LOL.
MOT Advisories & Passat - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
No filter. Just can not find the pass criteria on internet. Only out of academic interest.
Using Millers additive and the last tankful was BP Ultimate Diesel at 7p per litre extra.
Well it all worked anyway.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
MOT Advisories & Passat - dieselnut
I belive the limit is 3.0 for a turbo engine, 2.5 non-turbo.