Remote central locking failure. - Dave Gordon
The remote central locking on my Renault Clio 1.2RN (1998) has failed whilst in use. The light on the key fob still pulses but nothing happens when it's pointed at the car's sensor.

Renewing the batteries made no difference.

Any solutions?

Dave Gordon.
Re: Remote central locking failure. - gwyn parry
Is the sensor in the roof console ? If so have you a water leak then possibly a fried sensor ?
Re: Remote central locking failure. - iain
I have the same problem with a 2000 W Megane RT - it uses the radio frequency remote (no line-of-sight needed) and both remotes have stopped working with the car (but they have new batteries etc.) - the local renault dealer (here in the south west) is clueless! Im still hoping it will start working again as suddenly as it stopped!
Re: Remote central locking failure. - ian (cape town)
All the time, Dave, or just in certain places? Have they put a new mast/hole in the wall bank near you?
are you near a police/fire station?
Re: Remote central locking failure. - ian (cape town)
All the time, Dave, or just in certain places? Have they put a new mast/hole in the wall bank near you?
are you near a police/fire station?
Re: Remote central locking failure. - DougB
Dave - If the alarm has sequential coding it could just be out of sync. Try holding the key fob button down for 10 to 15 seconds. If that is the problem it should sort itself out.
Re: Remote central locking failure. - Mahatma Coate
I had a BMW that used to do this. The only way to release it was to open the boot with a key. Apparantly not uncommon but never did find out why.