Yorkshire to Dover Thursday evening/Frid - adverse camber
Hi,

I am going to france on Friday Morning. Need to be in dover at 7am, so I thought a nice overnight run should avoid all the usual congestion.

Then someone said something about the A2 being closed overnight ?

Is there something I need to worry about or can I assume that setting off round midnight will get me there with lots of time to waste.

thanks

Mark
Yorkshire to Dover Thursday evening/Frid - PhilW
"A2 being closed overnight "
Whether it's closed or not perhaps M20 would be better?
--
Phil
Yorkshire to Dover Thursday evening/Frid - Nsar
Plenty of time, although how you'll feel when you hit the autoroutes is a different matter - can you not go down the night before?
Yorkshire to Dover Thursday evening/Frid - Collos25
M1,M25 with pound coin ready for the queen liz bridge and then M20 ,I will be there on friday tea time having done the same journey.
Yorkshire to Dover Thursday evening/Frid - Mapmaker
A1/A14/M11 might be faster with the roadworks through Herts on the M1?
Yorkshire to Dover Thursday evening/Frid - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Under 5 hours setting off at 3am from Chesterfield end of July. Used M1 and later M20.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Yorkshire to Dover Thursday evening/Frid - adverse camber
Thanks Everyone.

Looks like we will be fine.

Ta
Yorkshire to Dover Thursday evening/Frid - artful dodger {P}
Mark

You do not need to use the A2, all cross Channel traffic is routed by the M20.

It will be a wise move to drive overnight as the section of the M25 approaching the Dartford Crossing through to the A2 get very congested during the day. Last Monday evening I took 1 hour 40 minutes to do a journey that takes usually 25 minutes. My wife was also stuck in traffic on Thursday afternoon and took 45 minutes longer than usual.

I have done many long runs late at night, you will find the roads fairly traffic free except for some HGV's. You can almost time how long each section will take to drive. Suggest you take some good music to listen to. Another point, try and arrive at Dover with an almost empty fuel tank - fuel in France is cheaper!

Have a good trip.

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
Yorkshire to Dover Thursday evening/Frid - FP
And fuel in Luxembourg is cheaper still - or at least it was (for diesel) a few weeks ago when we drove across Europe.