BMW 335d and service inclusive - dalfruin
I am considering buying (amongst other things eg Lexus GS450h) a 335d saloon to replace my 5 year old MB C320.

Question I have is around servicing.

BMW offer Service Inclusive - full cost item is £1375 for 5 years or 60k miles (60k miles would apply to me as I have averaged 18k per year over last 5) and includes all services + brake pads / disks for the applicable period.

BMW have moved to condition based servicing so I assume that primarily motorway miles may generate service intervals of 20k or so (please correct me if I am wrong with this estimate).

This means that I would have 3 services in the service inclusive period and 60k miles. Can anyone advise if the package is worth it under those circumstances?

I am generally aware of premium service costs after running the MB since new and do have memories of £600 service bills when pads / disks were needing changed but I'm struggling to work out the numbers with the BMW deal.

Any advice welcome...
BMW 335d and service inclusive - Peter S
If it helps, my 535d will need it's first service soon - around 19,000 miles. However, the on-board system reckons the front brake pads still have another 20,000 miles to go, and the rears 18,000. On that basis, over 60,000 miles I'll probably only need one set of front & reak pads/disks...

I didn't bothe rwith service inclusive-- it seemed quite expensive, and I assume BMW don't lose money on, ,they just get your cash up-front and keep you in the dealer network. Even if each service was £400, and brakes £500, it was still cheaper not to bother (on the 5 at least). As first service has been quoted at less than £200, I think I'm ahead so far ;-)

Peter
I know I shouldn't answer my own posts... however I was bored and have all my MB service receipts...

The service costs for the MB for 60k miles were £2114.28, this was at a service interval which worked out at 12k and was an A, B, A, B, A with one change of front brakes @ 37k and one of rear brakes at 60k.

So if 20k intervals are fairly standard for the BMW, and I assume it goes minor (£200) / major (£400?) / minor (£200) service then I would have that pattern plus a brake replacement (£500?) which looks pretty close to the quoted price for the pack.

Incidentally, total maintanance including tyres / MOTs / A/C stepper motor fix etc for 5 years and 90k miles on the MB - £5125.30.
BMW 335d and service inclusive - Pugugly {P}
If its any help, factor in one coolant change and two brake fluid changes over that five years.
BMW 335d and service inclusive - Bill Payer
I have a Merc too, but I'm aware of BMW servicing as the two are often compared.

It seems to be that the Merc variable servicing doesn't work for many people (although it works fine for me) so many MB owners have much more frequent services than BMW's seem to. Also, even the MB A service (really nothing more than an oil change) is quite expensive, where BMW's Lubrication service is more reasonable.

However, if you do the sums on 335d and reckon it's going to have a couple of lubrication services, plus one more major service, couple of brake fluid changes, set of pads & disks all round, then you ought to be somewhat better off by taking Service Inclusive. You've also for the valuable peace of mind that you can stroll into the dealer without a care in the world about the potential cost - after owning a Merc I'm sure that will be a welcome feeling.

Merc's Service Plus scheme would probably cost the best part of £1000 *per year* so BMW servicing looks an absolute bargain.
BMW 335d and service inclusive - Pugugly {P}
Contrast the TLC pakage on SWMBO's Mini now that was value for money. By the way the 335 is a cracking motor I hope you enjoy it.
I should add that MB Service Plus also includes all repairs, MOT etc, so although it looks expensive, it does compare well with dalfruin's actual costs over 5 yrs of ownership. It runs for upo to 6 yrs / 120K miles.
BMW 335d and service inclusive - Dalglish
... BMW 335d and service inclusive ..

the price dalfruin has quoted is for the "service & maintenance" pack.

there is also a 5years/60,000 miles "service only" pack that costs £695.

alternatively, there are 3year/36,000 miles packs - service only at £425, and with maintenance £895.

Brake fluid changes appear to be included in either the Service or Service and Maintenance packs, not sure if this text means that any other coolant changes would be included though....

For the applicable BMW Service Inclusive option:
a) BMW Service 3 years or 36,000 miles includes parts and labour for all scheduled service items: brake fluid, air filters, micro filters, fuel filter (diesel models only) spark plugs, oil filters, engine oil.
b) BMW Service 5 years or 60,000 miles includes parts and labour for all scheduled service items: brake fluid, air filters, micro filters, fuel filter (diesel models only) spark plugs, oil filters, engine oil.
c) BMW Service and Maintenance 3 years or 36,000 miles includes parts and labour for all scheduled service items: brake pads, brake discs, brake sensors, brake fluid, air filters, micro filters, fuel filter (diesel models only), spark plugs, oil filters, engine oil, clutch assembly (only if worn) and wiper blade rubbers.
d) BMW Service and Maintenance 5 years or 60,000 miles includes parts and labour for all scheduled service items: brake pads, brake discs, brake sensors, brake fluid, air filters, micro filters, fuel filter (diesel models only), spark plugs, oil filters, engine oil, clutch assembly (only if worn) and wiper blade rubbers. Owners are responsible for topping up the various fluids in between services. Tyres are not included.

And finally for now, the differences in the 5 year plans suggest suggest a value of £680 for brake pads / discs and wiper blade rubbers for 5 years or 60k miles. 335D is auto only so I guess the clutch assembly cover is irrelevant in this case.

So the question becomes is £695 a bargain for 60K worth of BMW servicing and is £680 a bargain to cover brake pads / discs and wiper blade rubbers? If the answers are yes to both then the Service and Maintenance pack is the one to go for.
So the question becomes is £695 a bargain for 60K worth
of BMW servicing and is £680 a bargain to cover brake
pads / discs and wiper blade rubbers? If the answers are
yes to both then the Service and Maintenance pack is the
one to go for.

Even if it isn't a bargain, it's there or thereabouts, so it's not as if you're losing anything. Is it transferable if you sell the car? I would imagine it is.

For your typical motorway use, you might be quite light on pads & disks, but I would imagine that many 335d (auto) user's would absolutely eat them, and for them it really would be a no-brainer. I would go for it.