Odd number plate - Doc
Today I saw a black badgeless BMW with the plate: IVM 4N. (being driven very erratically)

I always thought that the letter "I" was never issued with the suffix plates.

Is there a site that will give the vehicle if you feed in the number?

Odd number plate - type's'
I always thought the letter I could not be used also but I do not know of any website.

I realise it is a cardinal sin on this forum when you digress from the original thread but no badge on a BMW usually means no power as well.
Odd number plate - LeighB
I believe - but maybe incorrectly - that the letters I and Z were not issued in Great Britain, but were issued in Northern Ireland ?
No doubt another BR member will put us right.
Odd number plate - PW
Checked on RAC and DVLA websites- coming up blank.
Odd number plate - Stuartli
I thought that Z and I were Irish based registration letters.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Odd number plate - Stuartli
Isn't it a bit naughty to detal the registration involved and an allegation?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Odd number plate - Westpig
The one is probably an L and he's mucked about with it........nothing else really fits, even for a Northern Irish reg
Odd number plate - Vin {P}
Sounds like it's been mucked about to read Foreman (IV=4).

Irish numberplates did indeed have I's, but were in the format LLLNNN or NNNLLL, IIRC.

V
Odd number plate - Chris S
Co Fermanagh plates were ?IL and Tyrone ones were ?JI.

Obviously Irish people don't confuse 'I's with '1's, unlike the English!
Odd number plate - Adam {P}
Mine have JI in them!

My claim to fame.
Odd number plate - defender
I also think it out of order to mention a registration number and an allegation about the way the car was being driven
rules about naming and shaming should apply here and the post removed
Odd number plate - aaflyer
Adam

I bought my Punto from a local dealer for a shade under £5000; but the cherished plate TJI ** was worth almost £2000!! Unfortunately the deal with the sale was that it would be replaced with a standard N.I. plate... But it was nice for a few months looking at others motorists' glances at a scrumper with a cherised reg!

So yes, to the above poster, both 'I' and 'Z' are (or have been) available in N.I. 'PIL' and 'WIL' are, of course, creating interest as any perusal of cherised plates will show.

AA
I thought mine might (VJI) might have been worth something! That would have been nice!
Odd number plate - aaflyer
Adam

Go to speedyreg.co.uk (cherished plate co. based in N.I.) and type VJI into their search. It'll give you a list of any (or none!) plates currently available for sale. You'll see what a 2 or 3 digit may have been worth... Old N.I. plates such as TXI and especially XXI and VXI with 2 numbers are quite popular with them what like numbers!

AA
I'll take a look now AA!

I don't think mine woudl be worth much sadly - it's not VJI on it's own (which would have looked really good!) but VJI and then 4 numbers. I'm a peasant really!
Odd number plate - Doc
I thought that Z and I were Irish based registration letters.
- - - - - - - - - - -

Indeed they are, but they do not come with a suffix year letter.

Odd number plate - Lud
Has anyone else had, without paying good money for it I mean, a four-character number plate? My first car had one, three letters followed by a single digit. The only number I can remember from any of my cars.
We've never had a special one but when we got sold the car with an Irish plate on about a month later the garage rang and wanted it back!

I can remember most of Dad's cars back to the Golf GTi he had and even the Ford Orion! - that's sad more than anything though.

M509 GFW - where are you now?
Odd number plate - GregSwain
M509 GFW - where are you now?

Go to www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk and click "vehicle enquiry". If you know the Reg and Make of a vehicle, you can see when it was last taxed etc, and if it's still on the road.
I do not believe it - M509 GFW was our Mondeo which me and Dad loved but had to get rid of because Mum didn't. (It was a V6).

It's been converted to gas. Ridiculous.
Odd number plate - wemyss
Remember a mate trying to flog me his black Rover 75 ? for £50 back in the late 60s.
The registration plate will be worth more than that in a few years he said.
It was DEF 1