Renault Scenic Y reg fan not blowing air - BigDunc
The fan in my Scenic is working, I can clearly hear it turning, but very little air is coming out of the vents. I read an earlier post that suggested the pollen filter might be the problem, but I can't seem to locate it. I have had a look in the passenger footwell, which is apparently the location on later scenic models, but can't see where it may be. Does anyone know where it is located?

Many thanks,

Duncan
Renault Scenic Y reg fan not blowing air - Altea Ego
Almost certainly the pollen filter.

Behind the glove box there is a access plate secured by a torx screw which is visible when you look at the 'ceiling' of the passenger foot well. Undo the screw and push the lid towards the front passenger wheel and remove.

Remove the old filter down into the foot well. Insert the new filter with the airflow direction arrow pointing towards the centre consul. Reapply the cover and refit the screw.

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Renault Scenic Y reg fan not blowing air - BigDunc
Haven't got a new filter yet but got the old one out and the problem is fixed! I was thrown at first by a) the lack of any torx screw (mine was held by a hexagonal screw), and b) the lack of light when I had a look the first time. Once in daylight I could easily see the arrow indicating I had to slide the unscrewed cover across to access the filter. A bit of a poke around to lever the filter out and bob's your uncle.

Thanks again TVM,

Duncan
Renault Scenic Y reg fan not blowing air - wornoutcar
Thanks so much for your advice. We had the same problem with our car and were able to fix it with your help. Just a couple of further points for anyone else doing this ..
The pollen filter was larger than we expected - about 25x25x2 cms. It slots vertically behind the glove box.
We ran the fan on full for a few minutes and this seemed to dislodge quite a few bits of leaves and other rubbish.
We hoovered the pollen filter before replacing it. Not very high tech but it worked!