'Standby' power drain - mss1tw
TVM's comment here www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=44019&...e got me thinking - I wonder how much power a modern car that to all intents and purposes is 'off' is actually drawing from the battery?

'Standby' power drain - robcars
Negligble in most cases. Certainly less than leaving sidelights on. But it does emphasise the need for better batteries than was the case a few years ago.

'Standby' power drain - BazzaBear {P}
Feeds to radio, clock and security systems, can't really think of much else.
'Standby' power drain - bell boy
Feeds to radio, clock and security systems, can't really think of
much else.

>>

light on in boot?
ECU
'Standby' power drain - BazzaBear {P}
light on in boot?

Surely that would only be on if the boot was open?
Does the ECU need a permanent feed?

Yep, that's why people often say disconnect the battery and leave for 30 mins when a modern car is running badly.
'Standby' power drain - bell boy
>> light on in boot?
>>
Surely that would only be on if the boot was open?

sorry :( i put that because someone always says "my battery goes flat overnight" and the light on in boot? is the standard reply..............
no it is not normaly on....
'Standby' power drain - Number_Cruncher
It's always a good one to be rid of an annoying, preferably guillable, apprentice for a short while:-

"Climb into the boot, and tell me if the light goes off or not" - Shut the boot, and then go on tea break, or even better, on road test!

Number_Cruncher
'Standby' power drain - Altea Ego
Climate control standby, security systems, radio standby, various ECUs,

With a modern fully can bus operated car, it must be drawing at least 1/2 amp if not more
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
'Standby' power drain - buzbee
This has been on HJ before. I measured the current drain of one of the new shape Micras. It was 65 mA (0.065 amps). It altered to something higher if you went near it with a key. The key, sort of, 'woke' it up.