Peugeot 306 does not start - immobllised - Gulabo
I locked the car using the blip keypad. The blip has stopped working, however can open the car door using the key & the alarm does not go off as it should & has in the past. Bigger problem is the car does not start. There is power to the car as I can open the windows & the radio works. The red flashing light on the dashboard no longer flashes or is lit at all.

It is like the car has immobillised itself. Have tried jump starting the car no luck.

Any ideas welcome.
Peugeot 306 does not start - immobllised - SjB {P}
Does the starter motor crank and the engine not fire (what would normally happen if the correct four digit code has not been entered in to the immobiliser keypad on the lower centre console), or does absolutely nothing happen?
Yes it does, the engine turns over.
Peugeot 306 does not start - immobllised - RichardW
Age, engine, keypad or key immbiliser?

Sounds like some fuses have blown, or the ECU has gone into a tail sping. Could be a low battery - my mate had sorts of trouble with his 2000 306 when it needed a new battery.
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
It is a 1999 V Reg, batteries in the keypad are new & if they were not working when the door is opened the alram would go off.

Battery is OK as tried jump starting it did not work & there is still power to the car, radio & windows work.

Engine 2litre, keypad
Peugeot 306 does not start - immobllised - bell boy
i would suggest you disconnect the cars battery for half an hour and go for a walk ,on your return do not touch the blipper but unlock the car manually and then attempt a start with the key...
remember this will lose your radio code so caveat klumpar
batteries in the keypad are new

You mean batteries in the "plip" keys, not the keypad I presume?
The keypad (located in the centre console) is powered via the car electrical system
if they were not working when the door is opened the alram would go off

Not necessarily true; SWMBO drives a 306 and nine times out of ten the door switch doesn't make electrical contact when the driver's door is opened (known because the interior light doesn't come on). Also, the alarm can be switched off with a key (brand name Textron from memory) inserted in the vertical barrel located behind the nearside (RHD) headlight. One assumes that the batteries are okay though as implication you give is that the car unlocks on pressing the "plip".

Now another question; when cranking the engine (which you confirm turns over but doesn't fire) does the centre console keypad emit a "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" for as long as you are cranking the engine?
Peugeot 306 does not start - immobllised - 659FBE
A 1999 vehicle will not have the centre mounted vehicle keypad for the immobiliser - it will be a transponder.

The aerial unit around the ignition lock barrel is a favourite for this type of failure. Remove the column shrouds, and the unit unclips from the lock barrel and unplugs. Replacements are fairly cheap.

A 1999 vehicle will not have the centre mounted vehicle keypad
for the immobiliser - it will be a transponder.

Thanks for the info.
got to say this had me baffled too ,but guessed that some late ones still had them fitted, personally i hate those keypads.........
so the chip has been lost out of the key when the batteries were changed then?
Hi

The batteries on the plip are about a month old. Cannnot open the car with the plip as it does not work, open using the key.

Had a look there is no leypad in the centre console. It is a 1999 V reg if that helps.

Have disconnected the battery & left as suggested this made no difference.
Peugeot 306 does not start - immobllised - mfarrow
A friend had near exact same problem as yours. A new remote key was required from Peugeot, as reprogramming it to the car didn't work.

--------------
Mike Farrow