Driver Training Consultation Paper - The Real Bogush
Department for Transport, Local Government and the Regions

Introducing a More Structured Approach to Learning to Drive

A Consultation Document
Re: Driver Training Consultation Paper - Tomo
My goodness, that's sore. Meant to bore us all into forgetting about it, so they can do what they have decided they are going to do and then say "but there was consultation".

Thank goodness I got my licence when you only had to apply at the Post Office.
Like my gun licence, and nobody ever came to harm from either circumstance,
except when my leg was broken - I still have problems - by a mimser who was fined for it - if I'd had a quicker bike at the time I'd have been long past (lump it KB, that's a fact!).

It's all logical, getting us all banned for doing more than creeping is no use if more persist in becoming licensed; that must be made harder!

At least, Ferrari are on the front row and Toyota have done better than most first time out; I do like McNish!
Re: Driver Training Consultation Paper - Jonathan
I can't see whats wrong with this.

I haven't read it all, but skimmed through most of it.

What they are proposing seems more than reasonable.

The quality and approach that the driving instructors that I know (SWMBO passed her test last year) and the attitude of the examiners varies in the extreme.

If this makes a consistent approach so that learners know what level they have to reach before they will pass, then thats not a bad thing. Neither is making sure that learners have more experience.

They have ruled out the non workable and the ridiculous options.

I don't see any problems with this. If it reduces the likelihood that young drivers have an accident and improves their skills then it is a good thing.

Jonathan