Astra alarm - dipsomaniac
Remote has stopped working on 1995 Astra. key will unlock the doors but as soon as a door is opened the alarm goes off. It doesn't seem to bother anyone else apart from me?

Is it just a new battery that is needed in the remote or something more expensive? I thought that if the remote packed up you should be able to revert back to the good old fashioned key?
Astra alarm - John S
Could well be like the Vectra of the same vintage. Exactly the same behavior. Yes, the key happily opens the door, but it doesn't disable the alarm. I'm guessing the alarm goes off when the ignition is turned on? It's not, apparently, a fault, although the instruction book fails to mention that the alarm is disabled only if car is unlocked remotely! Replace the remote battery and you'll be fine.

JS
Astra alarm - Dynamic Dave
Replace the remote battery and you'll be fine.

Not forgetting of course to resync the key to the car afterwards if it still doesn't work. Key in ignition and press the buttons on the fob. Confirmation it's worked will be the central locking will activate.
thank you. will let you know.
Astra alarm - welderjames
Similar problem on my frontera,the only way I could stop the alarm going off ,was to take out the central locking fuse.Bit of a pain having no central locking,but this temporary "repair" is about 2 months old now,and its easy to fall back into locking the doors by hand again.
Astra alarm - Dynamic Dave
Far easier to open the rear offside door (or do it via the passenger side front door - if a 3 door Frontera) and press the drivers door button down, then close the rear door. That way the central locking will still lock all the doors, but won't arm the alarm. Downside is that the car won't be deadlocked.
Astra alarm - welderjames
Thanks,but I am usually alone in the frontera ,as it is for work..so just the drivers door is fine..,,,oooh! how soon we forget what life was like before central locking/electric windows/alarms/black boxes and computers.and only 3 channels on the tv???life was so much simpler.
update - changed battery on key fob and all ok now.