Show us yours - Lee H
Hi everyone,

This may have got lost deep in a thread over the weekend, so for anyone who missed it, I'm offering to put any hj related images you'd like onto a website I've set up for the purpose.

You can send me the images to lee@southamerica.freeserve.co.uk mail link, along with any text you'd like to accompany it. I'll send you the link by return so that you can reference it here or send to your friends.

There's a couple of images up there already, the most recent being
David W's DS & BMW 1600 Coupe.

Just as a final note, could anyone who's thinking of sending me an image please note Martyn's post here giving some guidelines for content.

I'll not post about this again, but will place a link after my name in subsequent posts that will allow you to email me with your photos.

Thanks,
Lee
hj photos
Re: Show us yours - James
Nice combination, that Citroen DS and the BMW. I imagine that BMW 2002's command a premium just at the moment...
Re: Show us yours - Brill
Lee,

That's fab. Can you remind us which in which size and format you prefer to receive the scans.

Stu.
Re: Show us yours - David W
Stu,

Don't know what Lee wanted but I aimed for a max of 80KB in JPEG. Also noticed the image displayed better as per Randolph's, about 550 pixels wide by 300 high.

The Golf looks mint Guy. Is the colour unusual? It looks near identical to my Xantia and I wasn't sure that was a standard Golf colour.

Bit more detail on our DS/BMW image....

We fitted the spoiler to the BMW, as well as new front wings (due to rust), then I painted it. On all the photos that blasted middle grille is missing as the clips broke when it was removed. Put it back with blobs of Araldite in the end.

We bought the DS for £250 and spent about £120 on it. Major hydraulic pipe failure made me sell it "as is" for £80 after six months of amazing driving.

The BMW was also £250. After the repair work it stood about £400. That is exactly what we got for it, again after about six months, as a trade-in for the first of our V8 P6 Rovers......what an engine they had.

David
Re: Show us yours - Lee H
As ever, David is on the spot with the sizes and resolutions.

The MSN website does some re-sizing and can alter the resolution to its own tastes, but if you aim for what David recommends above, I can't see you'd go far wrong.

I too am impressed with Guy's LPG Golf, given how good it looks, it's a good advertisement for running the Golf - certainly more character than a lot of the cars about today.

Lee.
mail photos & photo site
Re: Show us yours - Phil
While we're on classic German motors (that BMW is v. nice) have a look at my '72 911:

PGC 695K
Re: Show us yours - Martyn, Back Room moderator
Looks good, Lee, and very much appreciated.

Everyone knows what a RAV4 looks like, so I won't be uploading it. But I might be persuaded to post my two bikes some day -- both supreme examples of the flat twin.
Re: Show us yours - Neil
It's strange how BMW riders don't have the same reputation on the road as their 4-wheeled brethren. . .

Unless, of course Martyn rides a Douglas or two. . .
Neil wrote:
>
> It's strange how BMW riders don't have the same reputation on
> the road as their 4-wheeled brethren. . .
>
> Unless, of course Martyn rides a Douglas or two. . .

BMW riders: true knights of the road!

As to the other one, you'll have to wait and see!
Re: Show us yours - Dan J
Excellent work Lee and thank you.

A quick message to everyone - the cars are great but lets have some people pictures as well!

Lee - I'll send mine up soon when I get my camera back though am not 100% sure people want to see what a Vectra looks like :o)
Re: Show us yours - Flat in Fifth
Lee,

Thought you might like a photo of a Backroomer or motor doing something other than sitting still.

Sorry its B&W.

Taken in the Forest of Dean I forget which event/year.

You might have to tat around with the image size
Re: Show us yours - Mark (Brazil)
lots of shy people, obviously.

I was hoping to get to see what people looked like.

M.

p.s. why doesn`t it say on the box of the baby-intercom "Turn this off before you do (not "say", "DO") anything with your wife you might be embarassed if you realised that her mother was sitting in the sitting room listening".
Re: Show us yours - Dan J
You weren't, surely... Mark, I'm shocked!
Not as much as her mother who has just had to deal with reality.

I, however, and in my office at home with the door shut and I'm not coming back out until her mother goes home (next Tuesday).
Re: Show us yours - Lee H
For your good lady's mother, I guess there's always the consolation that it's those exact strange noises that brought about Camilla Victoria.

Although she may just think you're depraved. I'm sure my mother in law would. ;-)

Lee.
Re: Show us yours - Brian
Not as embarrassed as my son when one of our dogs went down his waste bin and trotted out onto the landing with a used London Rubber Company product in its mouth!
bad, but had worse. Much worse. Bad, Really really bad, too bad for here.

However, there was an older couple walking their dog who I doubt ever took that route again.

M.

This is beginning to drift off topic, you chaps!
oh no, have you dusted off that line again ?

Sorry. I'll behave.
Re: Show us yours - Randolph Lee
how about afew more photos of back room denzins where we can see the face! or is that reserved for members with 'Lee' somewhere in their name!
I`ve sent Lee one with the face. Now you'll know I am not pretty.
Re: Show us yours - Jonathan
We only want you for your body (of text)!

href="http://communities.msn.co.uk/bonneville" target="_blank">Bonneville Salt Flats

href="http://communities.msn.co.uk/JuanFangioMuseum" target="_blank">Juan Fangio Museum

Some more photos of very nice and rare cars
Jonathan wrote:

We only want you for your body (of text)!

href="http://communities.msn.co.uk/bonneville"
target="_blank">Bonneville Salt Flats

href="http://communities.msn.co.uk/JuanFangioMuseum"
target="_blank">Juan Fangio Museum

@!#$!

target="_blank">Bonneville Salt Flats

target="_blank">Juan Fangio Museum

Re: Show us yours - Flat in Fifth
Ask David W about my "I'm the ugly one" photo.

Got to log off and phone home.

ET

Lee,

I'll dig out my Veedub photos and see if I can find one where I don't look too hideous.
Going to be a late night.