pug 405 driveshafts - spoon
can anyone help i ve just replaced the clutch on my 405 diesel td all went well exept i think i ve caused a fault with the two driveshafts when i put them back in i think i lost some of the needle rollers that hold the collars on the drive shaft now when im driving the car its shakin all over the place can i buy these needles on they re own or do i need to buy two complete driveshafts if so where can i buy them any help would be great as my teeth are falling out due to the rattling !!!
pug 405 driveshafts - Crinkly Dave
Ah, the inner ones are 3 rollers rather than a "normal" cv joint?

Did something similar to my 309, and put up with rumbling for a while. Have a shop around for replacement shafts before you go to the trouble of attempting to get needle bearings and assemble them. I was surprised how cheap a whole rebuilt shaft was

Pug experts will be along shortly.........
pug 405 driveshafts - spoon
thanks dave any idea where to buy replacment shafts from ???
pug 405 driveshafts - RichardW
You can get shafts from www.gsfcarparts.com or www.eurocarparts.com They're pretty robust shafts generally, so it will probably be OK to get some from a breakers.

How did you manage to dismantle BOTH tri-ax joints, and lose the needles??? You might be able to get away with buying the cheaper short passenger side shaft, and then using the needles from the old one to rebuild the joint on the longer (more expensive) drivers side one.
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
pug 405 driveshafts - megrandad
just a thought have used pop rivet ends hundreds of times[megrandad]
pug 405 driveshafts - Screwloose
spoon

Just take an old one as a pattern to a bearing supplier; loose needle rollers are available in nearly all size/length combinations.
pug 405 driveshafts - Number_Cruncher
>>Just take an old one as a pattern to a bearing supplier;

That's extremely good advice - car manufacturer's just love charging extortionate sums of money for standard bearing parts.

Number_Cruncher