Vectra 2.0Di Turbo hose blew off. - CarlW
I was taking my family to Southend today when my car suddenly started running very lumpy and there was a load of black smoke coming out the back. The call-out-man found that the main hose had blown off of the EGR valve that goes to the Turbo, and also that there was a heavy dripping from the Heater valve bypass at the back of the engine.
After the tow home i put a huge jubilee clip back on the turbo hose and it seems to be staying on at the moment, but i'm worried that if there is another fault somewhere then the pressure may build up to a bigger bang.
I can't drive it at the moment anyway as i am going to buy a new heater valve (not sure if it was faulty but as it was dripping i thought it to be quite likely).

Does anyone know if these to faults are linked in anyway and do you think that there may be a further fault that blew the turbo hose off. It was quite oily by the EGR but always has been, and it has been running fine up to that point.

thanks, Carl
Vectra 2.0Di Turbo hose blew off. - Hamsafar
The leaky heater is a common problem. The hose blowing off isn't very serious and not too uncommon with lots of makes of turbodiesels, I think it happens with age as the rubber changes and gets oil mist soaking into the gap between rubber hose and thing it slips over until eventually (probably helped by the hot weather) it slips off.
Vectra 2.0Di Turbo hose blew off. - Screwloose
Carl

The link may be the hot weather. As Ashok says; the turbo hoseclip failure is fairly routine - the rubber probably softened more than usual. Could the dripping be condensate from the air-con evaporator? Have you actually lost some coolant?
i lost all my coolant, filled up again and it constantly drips when the engine is running. I didn't realise it was a common failure, hopefully that means that a new one should cure the problem. (My aircon was still working ok).

Goods news about the turbo hose, i think it was helped by the weather as it was 34 deg C at the time !!!

Thanks for your help, Carl
So i've changed the heater valve bypass that was leaking, and replaced the hose with a jubilee clip and all is working fine now.

Thanks again to everyone at Honest John, you've saved me a few more quid !!