Corsa Grundig SC303 - JanetJ
Hello
I have just purchased a radio - grundig SC303 from my local scrap yard but when I connect the wires at the back, the display on my dash board shows ' safe ' I can only assume the code has already been tried 10 times before I bought it. I don't have the handbook for this radio so am not really sure what 'safe' means can any help or offer any guidance ?.
Thanks
Janet
Corsa Grundig SC303 - bell boy
it will need the code have you got that with it?
you dont say what year car you are fitting this to ,if it is not compatable with your car then you can damage the ecu................BE WARNED
to clarify the code bit you push in and hold the AS button turn the radio on keep holding the AS button and the radio will go to the next stage by bleeping let go of the AS and then you put in the correct code followed by pushing AS again to lock it.
Corsa Grundig SC303 - JanetJ
Hello
Thanks for your quick response it is aprreciated, I do have the code, the corsa is a 1996 and I saw the car the scrapyard man took the radio out of and that was also a 1996. I have tried turning the radio off pressing AS and holding in and then turning radio back on with AS still depressed but is still shows 'SAFE', any ideas ?
Janet
Corsa Grundig SC303 - Victorbox
If it the same as the SC303 in a Cavalier (which doesn't have the remote display) there are two procedure depending on whether it has ever had the code activated or not:

To Activate Code for First Time.
SC303 switched off.
With ignition key, switch on ignition so dash warnings light glow but don't start engine.
Press & hold the AS button & switch on Radio which then shows CODE & after three seconds it show four dashes _ _ _ _
Enter four digit code you have using the station preset button 1,2,3 & 4. So you keep pressing button 1 until the first code number reads correctly. then button 2 & so on.
Press AS button until it beeps confirmation & the radio starts.

To Enter Code After Power Supply Broken (most likely in your case).
With ignition key, switch on ignition so dash warnings light glow but don't start engine.
Switch on SC303
Display shows SAFE after 3 seconds it shows 10 _ _ _ _
Enter four digit code you have using the station preset button 1,2,3 & 4. You keep pressing button 1 until the first code number reads correctly. then button 2 & so on.
Press AS button until it beeps confirmation & the radio starts.

If the wrong code has been entered the 10 _ _ _ _ becomes a 9 and so on until all 10 chances are used up. You must have the ignition on for the procedure to work.

Hope this helps.
Corsa Grundig SC303 - Hamsafar
Make sure Ignition is on when you do it rather than just pressing knob, I think it likes the switched feed live.
Corsa Grundig SC303 - dieselhead
presuming the sc303 is similar to later corsa radio's..... you press and hold AS and switch radio on. Display should show read say "6 SAFE depending on how many times incorrect code has been entered.
Now have to wait for between 10 seconds and 640 minutes depending on how many times wrong code has been entered. After waiting time should get say "5 _ _ _ _ ", press AS again and enter code and press AS again and it should work. If not code is wrong and you need to contact vauxhall dealer who will get you the code from serial number on radio.
Corsa Grundig SC303 - Dynamic Dave
you press and hold AS and switch radio on.

First making sure you have the ignition key turned to position two (i.e, dash warning lights on) otherwise it won't work.

A picture tells a 1000 words.

img311.imageshack.us/img311/4616/code4pj.jpg