VW steering fault - mattr
I have an 05-reg Touran 1.9D and twice the power steering light has come on on the dash. First time the local dealer replaced the 'torque sensor' (whatever one of those is). The second time the light came on, it was the usual 'computer says no', i.e. no reported fault so no action taken (except to extinguish the light).

Third time round the steering packed up altogether. Vehicle was towed away. When the dealer had had a chance to examine the vehicle I was told that a new rack would be fitted. They placed one on order, but did mention that they had quite a few on back order which indicates to me that this is not an uncommon occurence. Anyone else heard of this problem?

Cheers.
VW steering fault - Pugugly {P}
Girl in work having the same problem on a mk5 Golf....been to three different dealers.
VW steering fault - Altea Ego
Yup the VW power steering as fiited to the latest platform (touran/golf/passat) is a trouble area.

It has strange behaviour when going from lock to lock across straight ahead and slow speed too. There is a sudden over-light "disconnect" or "over powered" feeling, Many touran owners report it. Cant reproduce it at will but it kinda suddenly comes and goes.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
VW steering fault - LeePower
Ive heard of steering problems with the mk 5 Golf.

Creaky & noisey steering that turns out to be down to the rubber bushes that need replacement.
VW steering fault - Pugugly {P}
Does this effect Skoda and Audi ?