Salvage parts? - y2k+4
Anyone got any idea where I might be able to source two new doors/door-skins (n/s front and rear) for a platinum 05 Mondeo Ghia (i.e. chrome handle tips, and chrome door sills etc)? I've tried the autotrader site but all I could find was one rear door, and that's got a crease down the side...

And can the interior door trim be moved from the current doors to the replacement ones? As the door I've mentioned above is beige trimmed, whilst the interior colour mum's car is black...

Sorry if I'm in the wrong section btw...
Salvage parts? - BazzaBear {P}
I'd generally avoid looking for salvage sites on the 'net as they all seem to charge a huge premium for their availability. If you can find a local but decently sized scrappie in your area and go and remove the part yourself you'll save an absolute bundle.
Mind you, if you're trying to find a colour match, you might be forced down the internet route. Be aware that you might not get a perfect colour match though.
Salvage parts? - Dwight Van Driver
From my reference book on useless bits of information that one day may be needed

www.247spares.com

may be able to help?

dvd
Salvage parts? - blue_haddock
The main ones that are out there are

www.247spares.co.uk/
www.breakeryard.com/
www.breakerlink.co.uk
www.findapart.co.uk
www.sniffydog.co.uk/
Salvage parts? - Lud
>> I'd generally avoid looking for salvage sites on the 'net as
they all seem to charge a huge premium for their availability.
If you can find a local but decently sized scrappie in
your area

BB: you're lucky if there's one of those near you these days.

There used to be three in a row within walkers of where I live. Now there aren't any. 45 minutes' drive to the nearest one in London now.

My favourite, and nearest, one in Sussex has been suppressed leaving a much nastier, bigger one much further away.

I got a gearbox from one of those North country breakers' yard internet people. No real complaints, and at my age I would have paid someonme the full price just to get the thing out, let alone clean the outside and deliver it in 2 days to my man round the corner.

Of course you may be young and vigorous and surrounded by juicy breakers. Nanny has eliminated most of them in my part of the world.
Salvage parts? - looking4car
Ebay could be worth a look , try the following link , or go to car parts and search for mondeo door

tinyurl.com/ok58g
Salvage parts? - looking4car
I had a good ebay experience recently.

I badly curbed the alloy on my focus, and couldn't find a replacement locally.

I bought a scuffed alloy with road legal tyre for a penny which has now replaced my spacesaver , and a good condition alloy for 10 pounds. In both cases delivery was about 15 pounds.
Salvage parts? - BazzaBear {P}
BB: you're lucky if there's one of those near you these
days.

Luckily I have the quite large McGuinness' in Stoke not far down the road from me.
I say luckily, my current car is a Fiat Coupe, the one before that was an Alfa 145 QV and the one before that was a Mitsubishi Colt GTi-16V, so I haven't been to a scrappy for ages, the chances of finding something for such uncommon cars is practically nought.
The place kept my fit-for-condemning Astravan on the road when I was a penniless student though, 2 doors, an engine, a radiator, a petrol tank, and more besides.
They even gave me £30 for it when it finally gave up the ghost. I then scarpered pretty quickly before they noticed my dad had removed every fuse, every bulb, and even all the petrol from the tank!
Salvage parts? - Chris M
I could understand you taking this route on a five year old car, but a botched repair on a 05 Mondeo is going to affect its' value. Are you confident that if you do manage to find two doors in the right colour, that the exact shade will match. I would think you stand a better chance of getting an acceptable repair by finding two doors and getting a cash job on a respray.

Chris M