Quick Question re producer time limit - patently
Mrs P's car was hit by a juggernaut yesterday - who also failed to stop. Anyway, she reported it last night and was of course presented with a producer (HORT2 - requirement to produce driving docs).

The paperwork doesn't say what the deadline is. Can anyonelet me know? Also, is it ok for me to attend the police station with the form and her documents, or does it have to be her?

TIA
Quick Question re producer time limit - Peter D
7 days from the request to produce, but why did your wife drive off without even the reg of the lorry. Did the Lorry stop ?? Is so technically she has broken the law. Regards Peter
Quick Question re producer time limit - Peter D
I.ve re-read the original post. Sorry, now I realize your wife was hit and the lorry did not stop. The producer rules remain the same but I suggest your wife is with you when you produce. Do you have a reg number for the lorry. Regards Peter
Quick Question re producer time limit - Dwight Van Driver
Mrs P will be required to produce her Driving Licence personally but you can take in the Insurance.

If you have any difficulty go to the elected Plod shop and explain within the 7 days and ask for a time extension.

dvd
Quick Question re producer time limit - patently
Thanks all.

Yes, she stopped but the lorry hooted and drove off. External damage is slight - scuffs and scratches - but BMW bumpers are regenerative so I'll be dropping into the dealer tomorrow to drop the bumper and take a look at the impact absorbers underneath.

Of course, we need to do this urgently rather than at our own convenience, becuase Plod won't follow up the failure to stop unless there was significant damage. And we have 7 days to show that else they'll close the file. And we have the producer to satisfy ... someone remind me who the victim is please!

Yes, we have the reg no. And a call to the haulage company head office has yielded the name and address of the manager responsible for that depot. One letter is now on its way asking that disciplinary measures be taken...

Quick Question re producer time limit - Hugo {P}
If nothing else you can mention the Health and Safety at Work Act.

Motorists tend to forget that haulage companies, indeed all companies or businesses etc have a duty of care to the general public, as they do their employees, persons on site, young persons etc etc. I'm not sure off hand whether it would be the HSE or Environmental Health (probably HSE) that would have effective control. Why not contact them and ask?

Bad driving in any company IMO is usually a symptom of lack of safe systems of work.

H