Micra 1990 1.0 ltr Clutch Cable - mickyh7
Hello Gents,as above,when I moved it today I noticed the clutch cable feels about to snap it is so dry!Would anyone know the best way to get some oil into it? Footwell or Bulkhead end?-Thanks.
Micra 1990 1.0 ltr Clutch Cable - big davey
Disconnect cable at gearbox end, to do that you need to crack off the 10 mm nut behind the thumb wheel nut and wind it back then hook off the cable from the cluth fork. Try pressing the clutch now and see if it still feels rough, if it is try pouring some 3 in 1 oil down from the box end and better still try and disconnect cable from pedal and inspect. If its frayed, it will be at the pedal end, if not you can pour some oil from the other end too. If its not stiff, you have a problem with the clutch, suspect the bearing tight on shaft which is box out.
Good luck.
Micra 1990 1.0 ltr Clutch Cable - robcars
Imo opinion if its already at that stage then I wouldnt bother messing about with it. Fit a new one. You will have to sooner or later I think.
Micra 1990 1.0 ltr Clutch Cable - GregSwain
It's only about £12 for a new cable - buy a new one.
OK thank you all very much for your help,will sort it out over the weekend.
Thanks again guys-15 min. job,just a dry cable. And I saved a few quid.Which is why a lot of us are here!Cheers Mick.