nissan note - 1066
hi im looking at buying the new nissan note. i wonderered have any of you own one or have test driven one...ive got a cmax and ive had enough of it .so its now time for a new car.we looked at one today 1.6 automatic and its quite nice ...if any of you could give any advice id be grateful
nissan note - Chad.R
My local Nissan dealer keeps pestering me to take a test drive (since we looked at a Tino a while ago).... I though that the Note was a rebadged (Renault) Modus but I may be wrong.

"...I've got a cmax and I've had enough of it.."

Is that because it's been a dog or you simply fancy a change?
nissan note - Xileno {P}
It's based on the Modus but a bit more than just a rebadge. I think the only common engine is the diesel.
nissan note - v0n
At the moment Note is very unrealistically priced for what it is - it's not bad design but European versions have bad choice of thirsty engines, harsh suspension, cost cutter rear drum breakes, horribly high Micra seats, Whirlpool switchgear and practically no sound insulation in modern standards.
--------------------
[Nissan dCi are NOT Renault engines. Grrr...]
nissan note - Xileno {P}

Although in this case it is... ;-)
nissan note - v0n
> Although in this case it is... ;-)

True true...
--------------------
nissan note - 1066
the cmax has had nothing but problems from day one. its on motability and they have had enough of me phoning them up with probs. so today they agreed to take it back. i waqnt to learn aswell to drive and need an auto so its either a focus estate, astra estate or a nissan note auto.. i think the best bet may be the focus but the cmax has been so bad i dont know about another ford..

nissan note - Adam {P}
Much as I don't like the new Focus and don't especially wish to defend it, or Ford, the C-Max was plagued with issues from day 1 and still loads of people find faults with them. It was said to be the test car for the mark 2 Focus so you'd think they'd have sorted all the problems out by now.

The Astra would look the nicest of the 3 though. Depends how patriotic you are if it all goes pear shaped at Ellesmere Port though!
nissan note - bazza1603
Hi,

I had a test drive in a 1.6 SVE and would have been the car I bought if it was my choice. I tested a Meriva, Cmax, Note and Focus. The Cmax didnot appeal to my wife due to the huge dashboard and she found it difficult to judge distance in it.

The Meriva lost due to the blind spot at roundabouts which I found dangerous.

A 5 Door 1.6 TDCi Sport new in Metallic from a dealer for under £11k was a compromise as I wanted the Note and my wife wanted the Meriva.

The Note lost because of it looks...Nothing else. I did find the ride firm, and I did feel there was no space between my body and the door which I felt uneasy with. The 1.6 engine was very sweet and quick, but became noisy if you push it. The SVE interior is much nicer than the SE spec.

I think Nissan have got a winner here, as long as the Renault bits do not mess up the reliability. I agree that the prices are too high at the minute.

Parkers and whatcar websites now have a few owner opinions listed.

Good luck

Baz
nissan note - 1066
im going to look at a focus 1.6 estate with auto in the lx trim tommorow..i really dont like the current thing for very dark interiors so i'll want the light cream colour they do. all the other cars are black interiors..
nissan note - Adam {P}
>>focus 1.6 estate with auto<<

Ouch - that won't be nice.

>.'ll want the light cream colour they do. <<

Gorgeous interior. Driven by the discerning gentleman.
nissan note - Adam {P}
And ladies.
nissan note - 1066
i noticed that the focus is the least powerfull engine and the slowest aswell
im thinking about the astra as they do a 1.8 auto or a 1.6 easytronic.
what one would you all chose.. 3children of 10,8 5 but i hate zafiras and need an auto anyway and the advance payment is 1000 pounds and as i live at the seaside i want something simple and easy to clean out inside
nissan note - Xileno {P}
The Note looks interesting whereas the Modus looks a bit odd. Not often that happens.
nissan note - 1066
i quite like the look of the note,but the modus is too small for me. as ive got 3 growing boys and i dont think they will fit in the back.im gonig to push for a longer test drive tomorrow.not the usual round the block type thing!..will let you know how it goes tomorrow
nissan note - 1066
we went and took a nissan note se 1.6 auto for a long test drive today and i must say it was much better built than i was expecting. ride was on the firm side but good and the interior was well put together and some nice design touches. i'll make up my mind and order one some time this week.

we went to look at a focus auto estate, what a waste of time..they couldnt show me the cream colourd interior as they say nobody orders them and if i want one and auto the the wait is 22-26 weeks..i think not and looked at astra and was much better than expected but again about 10-12 delivery because its an auto box but nissan can deliver in 4-5 weeks.
nissan note - Aprilia
I was in a Note in Tokyo late last year and thought it very good, although I gather the European ones are a little different. Nicely designed cars though, and nicer than the Modus IMHO.
nissan note - 1066
we went into renault this morning to look at the modus but didnt bother getting out of the car as they are a fair bit smaller in the boot area and not as versatile
nissan note - v0n
bigbirdy - While at Nissan, have you had a chance to look at Almera 1.8 auto? Focus size, ride very similar to Note, but with more grip, bigger boot, better spec, half the price of Note?
--------------------
[Nissan 2.2 dCi are NOT Renault engines. Grrr...]
nissan note - barchettaman
Almera Tino?
nissan note - 1066
apparently the new note replaces the almera and tino.
nissan note - v0n
Note is noticeably smaller than Almera, Qashquai in 2007 will be the proper size for size replacement - Focus-ish dimensions but with urban onroader styling (popular idea - almost every major manufacturer bar Frenchies has one coming).

--------------------
[Nissan 2.2 dCi are NOT Renault engines. Grrr...]
nissan note - 1066
went ahead today and asked for another test drive and they were only to happy at no notice to let me out for another spin.. ive placed an order for the 1.6 se auto in intence blue. i know it will be a very common colour but ive never had a funky colour before.