Best Sat Nav games - JAJ
OK - so mine doesn't play FIFA Soccer or even a simple mobile phone type game, but with a bit of imagination you may like to try this.

I have a Tom Tom sat nav which lets me play a preview of the route. Not sure if others do this, but they probably do.

Anyway the game is simple - Sat Nav Racing. Each night on my 60 mile commute I program the sat nav from the office to home (not because I don't know the way, I use if for more reliable traffic info). Partway through the journey I then tell the thing to preview the route home but starting back at the office. You have to set the preview to obviously be faster than real time otherwise it's just not cricket, but if you think about it when you select the preview speed, you can end up 'racing' the sat nav home.

I don't know whether any of you are as competitive as I am, but I feel like I'm racing a virtual car and 'could' be tempted to speed up a bit just so the thing doesn't beat me home. Bummer when it wins to.

Anyway - that's my entertainment shared. Any other inventions with these boxes of tricks ?

JAJ
Best Sat Nav games - David Horn
Actually, I try to beat the predicted time of arrival.

Most fun when driving back to Devon at night; it wins on the motorway but I make up time on the A-roads. :)
Best Sat Nav games - Altea Ego
I play "click the shortest route" to see where it takes me.

or I have the a good pubs guide on mine, so pick a pub in the wilds of nowhere, and drive the shortest route and see where you go.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Best Sat Nav games - daveyjp
A good game for that silly reporter on 'Tonight with Trevor Macdonald' would be to realise that as well as the verbal instructions the GPS has a map showing the route!

She complained when it said turn left and she ended up in a car park and off the route. If she had had any brains she would have looked at the moving map which would have showed her the left turn was at the roundabaout immediately after the road she took.

More sensationalism in the name of journalism.
Best Sat Nav games - smokescreen
TomTom v5 does (regularly for me) read out the wrong roundabout exit, although I have a habbit of glancing at the unit just to check its got the right exit. In some way, the end user shouldnt have to compensate for the product like that.
Best Sat Nav games - tr7v8
Yup I thought it was a bit strange, if the bint with the maps had been driving that would have been more equal, she'd have also run into something, whilst reading the map as close as she was.
The other one with the Tom Tom wasn't the sharpest knife in the box either!
Best Sat Nav games - boxsterboy
Yes, yet another 'Tonight with Trevor MacDonald' that was a complete waste of TV.
Best Sat Nav games - Altea Ego
I like the silly bint who kept setting hers to walking route and then moaning that she couldnt drive the route, then complaining because Dixons woudlnt take it back as faulty.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Best Sat Nav games - Pugugly {P}
Yep - easy to claim that reading maps is more reliable, try to do that when you're on your own in the car ! The only game I confess to is comparing the car's built in SatNav with the TomTom. Nothing in it though.
Best Sat Nav games - bobda
Hmmmm.
Not many games you can play with sat-nav really, but I do occasionally miss a turning when I know where I am, just to see how it re-routes me.

I like the race it home idea. A variation on it would be to set it to an 'alternative route' and see who wins...
Best Sat Nav games - Dipstick
The nostalgia game is good.

You set it to a destination you have no intention whatsoever of heading for, and as it continually tells you to turn around and take a turn that's no use to you, it reminds you of the happy days when SWMBO was in charge of the maps.

Best Sat Nav games - Xileno {P}
Mine holds the map in the direction we're travelling.
The map's wrong, apparently.