Huyndai Accent CDX-intermittent starting - DonnieDarko
Hi All.
Does anyone know of known issues with intermittent starting problems with Accents (1.5 CDX 2001 30,000 miles) ?
For no apparent reason, the car sometimes won't start ... leave it for maybe half and hour and it starts.
The problem doesn't appear to have a pattern. It cranks very fast but it's like there's no spark or petrol.
I've tried the tips from Hyundai like only putting the key in to start the car (immobiliser design fault ?) but it doesn't help.
It will probably be Ok for two weeks but will then do it again just when you need it most.
Reluctant to pay a lot at a garage for them to start changing things with no effect apart from an empty wallet.
How can you test for an intermittent problem ?
If anyone has experienced this, please let me know !
Cheers.
Huyndai Accent CDX-intermittent starting - bell boy
i would clean the crank sensor or if its near the hot exhaust consider changing it (dependant on cost)
Huyndai Accent CDX-intermittent starting - jahmartin
My accent has experienced similar problems - not only when starting but also in-running, with the car juddering as if it was mis-firing. The home start recovery tested the non-starting of the car and has suggested crank sensor replacement. I shall update with any further news. Any updates on your Accent ?
Huyndai Accent CDX-intermittent starting - DonnieDarko
No not yet. Will be going in next week.
Do you know how to find the crank shaft sensor ?