ford 6000 external audio input - joe mack
Is is possible to plug a portable music player into a Ford 6000 Radio/CD ? The unit is marked as being "CD changer compatible". I take it therefore, that this unit is capable of taking input from an external audio source. I know there's those FM transmitter things, but I was thinking of a simple lead from the back of the unit, ending in a standard 3.5mm audio plug.

I have a set of prongs and I've popped the unit out from the fascia, but theres no specific markings on the back. Any ideas how I'd go about this ?

Thanks
ford 6000 external audio input - AlastairW
There is a socket for a cd changer to be added, but you probably wont be able to connect your MP3 or whatever through it, as the socket will also transmit control signals and power for the CD.
ford 6000 external audio input - Adam {P}
Yep - Alistair's right I think. It's a funny connector.

One possible avenue to look down - when I bought my changer, I needed to buy an "adapter" which when I bought it, was a crappy black plastic box with wires in. But it enabled me to buy an Alpine CD changer and connect it to the Ford 6000 stereo. It cost £50 but it won't work without it.

Maybe there's something similar for MP3 players?
ford 6000 external audio input - Altea Ego
Indeed there are crappy black boxes for IPODS. Allows you to control your ipod like a cd changer (track selection etc)
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >