Renault Diesel Engines - wotspur
In july 2002 i purchase an espace the race 2.2 dci, i had it replaced end of october as being to dangerous to drive.
After 4,930 miles it required a new engine, and now with only 51,000 miles on the clock i have been told another is required. In between initial purchase and problems occuring i also purchased a scenic fidji 1.9, within 3 months and under 6,000 miles it also required a new engine
Has anyone else suffered as much bad luck or do renault have problems with diesel engines???

{Shouting - ie, typing solely in UPPER CASE amended. DD}
RENAULT DIESEL ENGINES - L'escargot
By no stretch of the imagination could I be called a Renault fan, but I would have thought that if there were serious reliability problems with their diesels then it would be widely known and they would hardly sell any.
--
L\'escargot.
RENAULT DIESEL ENGINES - SteVee
What happened to the 3 diesel engines - was it the same fault each time? Personally, I'd suspect maintenance rather than manufacture.

can you turn CAPS LOCK off ?
RENAULT DIESEL ENGINES - wotspur
sorry about the caps, it's now been sorted.
Regarding maintainence, two of the engines had 6,000 miles or less on them before conking out. Even the current problem one has been regularly serviced by a Renault garage.
I'm not technical, but Ive been informed, " the intercooler circuit is sucking oil through the engine and a problem with the EGR exhaust gas circulation.
Renault diesel engines - Xileno {P}
I think you have been unlucky. I have heard of some dCi turbos going but not complete engines, other than the occasional engine dying due to dieseling (running on its own sump oil). And these have occured at much higher mileage.

The general consensus seems to be that these engines need fully synthetic oil and it changed at least at 9K rather than 18K. Mine has been fine, 17K fully synthetic changed every 9K.
Renault diesel engines - Armitage Shanks {p}
If I owned any Renault I wouldn't SHOUT about it!
Renault diesel engines - wotspur
sorry if I offended you by how it was written, please don't take offence but if you've got nothing constructive to say why bother responding
Renault diesel engines - Dynamic Dave
if you've got nothing constructive to say why bother responding

This is the problem when words are typed solely in CAPITAL LETTERS. It's almost guaranteed to raise more interest and comments than the question that was asked.

Talking of which, lets get back to the original question asked please.

DD. BR Moderator.
Renault diesel engines - bobda
I have heard of some dCi turbos going but not complete >> engines, other than the occasional
engine dying due to dieseling (running on its own sump oil).

Interesting.

The diesel engine in my S40 is a Renault DCi and I'm currently experiencing air intake/turbo hose issues (see my thread in the tech lounge www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=40...0 )

Have I been looking in the wrong place?
Renault diesel engines - Xileno {P}
I have never heard of a dCi engine packing up at such low mileage, I can only put it down to bad luck.
Renault diesel engines - massey
My friends dCi engine was wrecked when the timing belt broke.

Apprently the ancillary belt that drives the PAS etc. came off and went into the timing belt assembly nearby, thus totaling the engine.

It was not because of lack of servicing because it had spent most of the time at the dealership fixing something or other.