Advise please: re Vectra 2.2 Diesel - greenhey
Having no faith whatsoever in my local Vauxhall garage- they are to customer service what King Herod was to babysitting- advice please, especially as this is my first diesel.
It's a 2.2 vectra June 03, 33.5k miles .When would you suggest cam-belt thingy needs replacing and any idea of cost?
Advise please: re Vectra 2.2 Diesel - Dynamic Dave
When would you suggest cam-belt thingy needs replacing and any idea of cost?

No cost at all - it's got a camchain.
Advise please: re Vectra 2.2 Diesel - David Horn
Greenhey - your King Herod comment is one of the funniest things I've heard for ages. ;-)
Advise please: re Vectra 2.2 Diesel - greenhey
Sorry- cam chain- same question
Advise please: re Vectra 2.2 Diesel - trancer
The rest of the car will have fallen apart before the cam-chain needs replacing, so don't worry about it.
Advise please: re Vectra 2.2 Diesel - Number_Cruncher
The rest of the car will have fallen apart before the
cam-chain needs replacing, so don't worry about it.

I agree, but with two conditions;

1) Regular oil changes, rather than extended interval
2) If applicable, make sure modification to the oil supply to the chain has been done

Number_Cruncher
Advise please: re Vectra 2.2 Diesel - bikemade3
Vx had a issue with the oil feed to the Cam chain Tensioners on 2.2 Diesels. Extended service periods ( 20K) led to gumming up of the tensioner oil feed pipe, resulting in the tensioner becoming ineffective with associated engine damage.Apparantly this has been overcome by the fitment of a larger diameter pipe, although gumming up still occurs. I wonder how many oil changes your car has had @ 33K i suspect it's one.Lack of oil changes also results in the chain running in dirty oil and that'll also cause damage.
Advise please: re Vectra 2.2 Diesel - Dynamic Dave
Vx had a issue with the oil feed to the Cam chain Tensioners on 2.2 Diesels.

It was the petrol 2.2 (z22se) engine that had the problem, not the diesels.

info on checking to see if the modified oil feeder has been fitted here:-

www.z22se.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8

And a field remedy on the engines affected here:-

snipurl.com/pwh8
Advise please: re Vectra 2.2 Diesel - Marc
Re oil change - On an 03 plate it will be on Ecoflex servicing unless it's been reverted at some point to time/distance. So for a diesel that will be 30k/2 years/ service light - whichever comes first.