306 Heater Hoses - Matt Jeans
Does anyone know where I can get hold of cheap non-Peugeot heater hoses to fit my 306 1.9 diesel as I have been quoted £50 + Vat for the ridiculous little things! Also how easy would it be to fit a standard turbo (PSA turbo from a scrapped car) to the engine or would it be better/cheaper to sell and buy a turbo-diesel? Just like to say that in my opinion (after working in a car supermarket for 3 months) the 306 is still the best handling car I've driven any objections?

Kind regards.
Re: 306 Heater Hoses - Rob Govier
Try German and Swedish.

There is a thread on this further down. Do a quick search!

rg
Re: 306 Heater Hoses - David W
You could try Andyspares (German Swedish and French) on 01189 513 513.

Fitting a turbo to a n/a engine is a non-starter. Either a complete engine and gearbox transplant or (much easier) trade in the car.

306 Handling perhaps not the ultimate but very good, in particular with the diesel engines that stay within sensible power limits.

David
Re: 306 Heater Hoses - David W
Rob,

Like threads across the ether....

David
Re: 306 Heater Hoses - Ian Cook
DW is right about the turbo. Whilst it's technically feasible (I was quoted £1200 by Jeremy Fearn on a ZX diesel) and there remain problems, such as:

1. The gearing will be too low at 22mph per 1000 rpm, whereas the turbo should be about 27 mph.

2. The turbo has different con rods/pistons so that oil is sprayed onto the undersides of the piston crowns to cool them.

3. The turbo has a lower compression ratio because boosting raises the effective ratio anyway.

None of these will be addressed by a bolt on turbo option.

HTH

Ian
Re: 306 Heater Hoses - Matt Jeans
Thanks-they were helpful but informed me that the hoses are dealer only.
Re: 306 Heater Hoses - Rob Govier
David,

What is it with these French machines?

Was there/is there some conspiracy to keep colonial rubber plantations going? Or just keep some hose plants open?

My first car HC Viva seems pretty sensibile from an engineering point of view; four hoses in total:- 2 radiator, 2 heater. less to burst..

rg
Re: 306 Heater Hoses - Bono Estente
And probably the best gearchange ever on a car!
Re: 306 Heater Hoses - Matt Jeans
Thanks for the help everyone! Interesting.