306 1.8 8v Sedan catalyst cost - SjB {P}
SWMBO's 1995 306 Sedan was on an all-original exhaust system until recently when the back box was replaced. Today, despite the rest of the system looking visually superb and still shiny the centre section has failed; the stub that comes out of the catalyst is welded to the front face of the centre box and this weld - or more likely the immediately adjacent face on the box - has completely torn out. Sounds mean at idle and has a gorgeous BTCCesque crackle on the overrun, but is unfortunately just loud and boomy under load!

Anyway, the reason for the post: Looking at the amount of rust on the cat casing and that it's now 11 years old, I intend to replace the cat assembly as well as the centre pipe.

I already have the OEM Pug centre box price as a result of enquiring when I replaced the back box, but what is a ballpark price for the cat assembly, please? I leave tomorrow to work abroad so the missus will do the ringing around. Also, OEM or aftermarket for the cat?

TVM.

BTW: 10/10 to Peugeot. Not only did the original system last eleven years but a woven stainless steel retaining strap is fitted between bodyshell and centre section clamp; this strap has not only restrained the now free end of the pipe but has probably also stopped the exhaust manifold flange being broken by leverage.
306 1.8 8v Sedan catalyst cost - Aprilia
A ceramic cat would be about £90-100 and a steel one about £150.
306 1.8 8v Sedan catalyst cost - SjB {P}
Many thanks Aprilia.
Much appreciated.