Big Brother Is Watching You - Unusual Autos
Just noticed over last month a increase in camera locations being install around main routes
A3 has new tower cameras at every turn up to Guildford from Tolworth and the M4 all the way into wales
Is this the end of speeding ?
Is this also because we were told Gps would be possible by 2007?

(For those that dont know ,we were told five years ago that a box would be fitted to every car and the car would go no faster than the speed limit in that area,goverment press agent at the time said would be law by 2007 )

Anyone know any different ?

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - Armitage Shanks {p}
For those that don't know we were told that everybody would have access to an NHS dentist and that there wouldn't be any University top up fees! The nation is content, targets are being met, the pigs are fed and ready to fly! Gps exists but a means of harnessing it to a workable road charging system is years away IMHO. How are these boxes going to be fitted, and made to work, in the millions of vehicles already out on the roads! There are probably 3 million cars that are worth less than the value of the box required. Will they given to us or fitted for a vast fee? The whole thing is years away. Relax!
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - Hamsafar
Satellite tracking of all subjects seems to be the plan, but this is not GPS based, this is visual using an extended spectrum of light both inside and outsie the visible-to-humans spectrum, coupled with the national NG-ANPR (Ring of Steel) system which went live in stage-one this month.
Basically, the local cameras will home in on you and recognise (or catalogue) your face with Mandrake (TM) or recognise your license plate and vehicle attributes, and then these will be fed into the same system as the satellite's feed. The local cameras will be used for identification or more detailed object attribution, and then the satellite 'CCTV' will track you between these local cameras/sensors.
The next stage will be the addition of RFID tracking onto this system. This will locally identify and thus track alls sorts of things from car park tickets (already done), banknotes (already in Euros and US Dollars), tyres, clothes, 'Smart' number plates, the list is endless.

www.theregister.co.uk/2003/09/21/number_plate_reco.../
I know that RFID tracking is coming on but are you saying that the capability exists, or is going to exist, to track the movement of individual banknotes?
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - Altea Ego
Yes
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - Lud
Good. They can find the $20 bill I lost in 1973 then.
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - madf
I am sure the system will work with the same efficiency as:
The new MOT system
The new NHS system
The new Child Support Agency System.

madf
Good. They can find the $20 bill I lost in 1973
then.

I put it in the microwave then spent it. Tough luck.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Why the microwave TVM? To erase its identity?
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - Adam {P}
Electrical things go pop in a microwave.

I also got told a cd would explode if I put one in there.

It did.

As Adam says, RFID tags and indeed any imbeded chip type things get instantly zappped in a microwave.

Re CDs, this is an art form. You need to vary times and powers, and make exquisite shapes. I can get a standard CD into the shape of a flower.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Genus, species?
Genus, species?

Genus Generic
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
:oD
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - Adam {P}
I only did it the once and Mum caught me just as it began to spark.

I'm banned from that now. After the "Gas Incident" I can't use the cooker and it's best we don't talk about the "Scalding Hot Water out of the Kettle Incident".
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - Pugugly {P}
Adam,

Whatever job you get will pay you enough to put food in the microwave......
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - cheddar
You could even be paid to put food in a microwave ...
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - smokie
RFID tracking? That's a new one on me. Is that supposition or fact? Got any links?
Link requested by smokie

www.avonwood.co.uk/about/index.asp
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - IanJohnson
Best part about these things is they are going to revolutionise the supermarket visit - just imagine no checkout - just a scanner that the trolley is passed through, it reads all the tags on the products, weighs the trolley and computes the bill!

Won't do a lot for the employment figures though!
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - cheddar
Best part about these things is they are going to revolutionise
the supermarket visit - just imagine no checkout - just a
scanner that the trolley is passed through, it reads all the
tags on the products, weighs the trolley and computes the bill!

This is happening, wife says she has done it on a few occasions, not her regular supermarket though, IIRC it is a Sainsburys though I might be wrong. The scanner is on the trolley and scans the items as they are put in or taken out. Random checks counter fraud.
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - Hamsafar
That's just scanning the barcode yourself.
RFiD will make barcodes obsolete, as everything will have a serial number unique to it and and accessed remotely by radio waves. So while at the moment all 100g packs of Vennuchi Salami have the same barcode, in the future, they will all have a unique code, which can be used to spot out of date goods, or have an automatic checkout, even your frdge and cupboards will be able to warn you of out of date items, and you will probably be able to view everyhting in your kitchen/house as an inventory list on a PC.

These will be sold to us as useful gadgets until we are totally infested with them, then other uses will be found.

They already want to put them in tyres, which means there could be sensors in the roads, along with the CCTV etc... which could be used for much simpler automatic penalties and tracking.
They were also going to put them in number plates by 2007, but that seems to be falling by the wayside.

They are already in tyres. They are already attached to various sub assemblies and parts of your new car.

Dont forget these things are designed for tracking goods during the supply chain, and as such are already breeding like breeding things and have escaped into the real world.

Its not just your car that could then be subsequently tracked, you yourself via your clothes can be tracked at each and every store you walk into and out of.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU - AlastairW
Its not just your car that could then be subsequently tracked,
you yourself via your clothes can be tracked at each and
every store you walk into and out of.

Well the answer to that is obvious - streaking!