New AA advert - Clanger
As I get older I find I am more and more out of step with TV advertising. Can anyone explain why I should be impressed enough to join the AA when it apparently takes about 200 brightly-jacketed singing AA men (appearing on foot) to fix that old Toyota Previa? What does that say for their skill? Can't just a few of them turn up wearing rocket packs like the RAC? Not a tool box in sight. No patrol van to charge a dead battery or tow the car away. What does it all mean?

Hawkeye
---------------------------------
Bewildered in a strange land
New AA advert - bell boy
cant add to that i agree with you.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
New AA advert - BB
I second that one. Just what I said to SWMBO. They can't be that good if it takes 200 of them to fix one car!
New AA advert - Sprice
A very unrealistic advert- it shows a Toyota broken down!
New AA advert - quizman

My brother has had two Toyota Landcruisers. The first one needed a new engine, and broke down in France with fuel pump problems. The French garage had to order the parts from Japan. He had to come home in a hire car and then go back to collect the Toyota. It boke down again in the third lane of the M6 shortly later with the same problem.

His second Landcruiser has been a bit better, but he has had to replace the air-con pump.

So all this "Toyota's never go wrong" makes me laugh, they DO.
New AA advert - Roly93

This is further inflating the myth that Jap cars are fault-proof. I had a newish Lexus (Toyota) and iot was by a wide margin the most troublesome car I've ever had. I also now understand that now the Japanaese are being forced to make diesel cars, they are running into reliability issues with these.
New AA advert - barney100
Then the guy at the end does a solo saying he,ll be my friend..... yuk!. I left the AA when they limited me to 5 call outs a year. They never credited me from the years I called them out less than 5. These adverts follow a familiar depessing trend. Lots of smily faces and then the reality that its all camouflage. I think I'll join grumpy old men......
New AA advert - type's'
Grump Old Men - It's on tonight 10:00 pm BBC2.
New AA advert - greenhey
Next time you call the AA and there's a delay ask them if that's because hundreds of the service staff are marooned in the middle of Wales with only one car between them
New AA advert - Armitage Shanks {p}
The whole things is patroninsing tosh, IMHO. But, it is working, we are talking about it and the AA! There is no such thing as bad publicity, it is said; I think that there is bad publicity and this advert is IT!
New AA advert - David Horn
Will I be chased out of town if I admit that I actually quite like the advert?
New AA advert - Clanger
Will I be chased out of town if I admit that
I actually quite like the advert?

Far from it, but I think you may represent the target age group for what we grumpy old men think is marketing tripe. Inconceivably (to me) it's working.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
New AA advert - Adam {P}
It does my head in too.
We have heard why people don't like it - what is it that you DO like about it? Men with dreadlocks singing sloppy songs? The idea of 100 men to fix a car in the middle of nowhere? If the whole thing was a bit of a spoof it would be understandable but this lot are deadly serious!
New AA advert - barneybee
Where Howard from the Halifax when you need him! He was amusing at first but now the adverts are dire.

As for the AA, I wouldn't join them because of the advert, it's terrible! Dare I say it might appeal to ladies more than men?
New AA advert - No FM2R
>>I wouldn't join them because of the advert,

Really ? How strange. I wouldn't buy something just because I loved an advert, and I wouldn't refuse to buy something just because I detested an advert.

AS they say; "calm down dear........"
New AA advert - rtj70
When I read this thread, just to the right was an AA advert on the page saying "You've got a friend"... ironic or what considering feelings of backroomers in the thread.
New AA advert - David Horn
As far as I can tell, the impression they want to give is that if you break down, you've got the whole AA working to get you going again.
Well if you break down and the whole AA is helping you, who is helping me when I break down? Brittania Rescue as it happens!
New AA advert - Roberson
I've just joined the AA incidentally, but NOT on the strength of that advert, it must be stressed. I don't especially like it, but like someone else said, its only an advert. Being the boring person that I am, I'd much have preferred a straight-talking approach with a few facts thrown in for good measure, a little bit like some of the RACs current ads.
New AA advert - Rover25
IIRC at least two of the 'broken down' vehicles on the AA advert are Toyota's- are the AA hinting at something there?
I think the AA have got the message - the last few nights they have been showing an older one where the sum of £39 appears on the car driver's key ring, in a cloud formation etc.
New AA advert - Round The Bend
Guys, I think you'll find that the AA (and RAC) ads are aimed at the ladies, quite how this works I'm not sure, but would be interesting to hear from some of the girls. Is n't Alijazz in advertising or am I being very insulting?
_______
IanS
New AA advert - hjd
Well, I'm a lady (definitely not a laydee) and I find it irritating in the extreme - and also patronising. I have 3 years' free cover on my Civic which is due to expire (the AA cover, not the car) in June, and I certainly shall not be renewing with them - largely due to the amount of money they must have wasted on that ad.