Police kiss of death? - s61sw
Vauxhall Senator, Vauxhall Omega, Volvo S60/V70 - all well respected (by the) police cars, all allowed to 'wither on the vine' by their manufacturers. Is there a pattern emerging?
Police kiss of death? - Adam {P}
Isn't the S60 and V70 still being made?

Just the life of the car though isn't it? Now that the current Vectra is so big, there's no real need for an Omega. If the Signum had a boot, that'd be an Omega. When was it brought out - 1994? And it was canned in 2003 so that's a life of 9 years.

Senators were around from about E-F reg weren't they? And stopped at around K? You could argue the Omega is a Senator.

Scrap that - there was the Senator A long before the more rounded one wasn't there. So an even longer life!
Police kiss of death? - sierraman
Surely the Omega replaced the Carlton,both being RWD.The Cavalier must be the longest running,although the final version bore no relation to the original,again RWD.
Police kiss of death? - Collos25
Omega has not died it has been replaced by the small cadilac and the 60 & 70 are still made.
Huh?
I know the Americans have a Caddy branded Omega called the Catera or something but it's just for sale in the US isn't it?
Police kiss of death? - Garethj
I know the Americans have a Caddy branded Omega called the
Catera or something but it's just for sale in the US
isn't it?

Yes, it was planned to bring it to the UK in the early days because Cadillac (GM) try to do it every so often. But it failed.

I designed part of the aircon system for it.
Someone famous on the BR!
Police kiss of death? - Garethj
Someone famous on the BR!

No, just another automotive engineer. Number_cruncher and Aprilia spring to mind as others, I'm sure you could hit half a dozen with a splined shaft from here if you tried
Police kiss of death? - Pugugly {P}
Police kiss of death? - If that's the case the Focus is for the chop. Apparantly Ford are the only ones that will make bespoke Panda type cars, it involves, for instance, disabling curtain airbags (for the rear cell some feature)which other comapines won't do. An average Focus costs 9k for conversion to a state of the art Police car. Funny the trivia you pick up in a custody block.
Police kiss of death? - Chas{P}
Apparantly Ford are the only ones that will make bespoke Panda type cars.

Peugeot also offer inhouse special vehicle conversions for the Police, etc from a dedicated workshop at the Stoke site in Coventry.
--
Was Charles {P} but someone c o p i e d my name with spaces.
Police kiss of death? - SpamCan61 {P}
The Catera has been superceded by the CTS, which is available in the UK I think; I've seen a grand total of one.
Police kiss of death? - Collos25
The agent in Leeds seems to be selling plenty lovely looking car.