Strange Mk1 Mondeo Noise... - Ph0en1xUk
Hi, wonder if anyone can shed any light on this.

My car is a 1995 1.8LX Mondeo. Its old, its done 180,000 miles and going strong enginewise. HOWEVER.

Over the past week, Ive noticed a very annoying squeaking noise which comes from my back drivers side wheel. So.. I thought perhaps the drum mechanisms needed some attention, so I took both rear drums off, and greased up the return springs etc. I replaced the drums, everything was fine, but the squeaking was still there. I sat down and thought about it, and remembered that 6 months ago I had one of rear drum cylinders replaced, and thought that perhaps the other one was on its way out and wasnt "returning" properly.

This does sound plausable.

This however, isnt the main problem. Today, I had 2 new rear tyres fitted. And noticed, that if I drive round a roundabout quite hard and fast ( not dangerously fast!) I get a kind of rubbing/grinding noise from the BACK LEFT passenger side wheel.

Ive taken everything out the boot, and confirmed there is nothing rolling around in the car. Its def coming from the wheel. Both rear wheels have had new drum shoes in the last 6 months.

.*********

Anyone got any ideas?!! I think I need a new cylinder for the other wheel, but what is that grinding noise?

Wheel bearings? I dont know... I dont understand how when the vehicle leans hard to that side that it causes rubbing.

Its not the physical tyre rubbing, Ive checked they are the same size as the ones I had before, Ive never had this noise before.
:S

err help!

Strange Mk1 Mondeo Noise... - Ph0en1xUk
*bump :/