Barchetta re-release? - BazzaBear {P}
In another thread I mentioned that I'd heard the Barchetta was being put back into production, but I can't now find anything to back that up in any concrete fashion. Anyone got any info?

The only thing I can find is a page detailing what's on Top Gear next week:
www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/series_4/prog_9/
The fact that they're testing the Barchetta suggests it's available as a new car.
Barchetta re-release? - Citivanvin
I saw an '06' reg Barchetta in Harrogate on Saturday, and according to the Fiat UK website, Barchetta is available and you can configure it on the site. :-)
Barchetta re-release? - barchettaman
I think that it´s a re-run BB.
No sign of Barchetta life, alas. But an 11 year run ain´t bad. No sign of a replacement on the horizon either.
Barchetta re-release? - colinh
Top Gear Magazine March 2006 - New Car Guide

"The 'little boat' sails bravely on, now back in production and available in the UK. Getting rather ancient, but still lots of fun and so cheap it looks like great value right now ....depreciation will sting when it comes to selling it on"

11,995 GBP
Barchetta re-release? - Xileno {P}
Pointless, it's an old model now. Who wants to buy an 11 year old design? Which is why IMHO SAIC are making a big mistake if they start making the MG TF again.
Pointless, it's an old model now. Who wants to buy an
11 year old design? Which is why IMHO SAIC are making
a big mistake if they start making the MG TF again.

If I had the money, I'd be out there currently trying to buy a 27 year old design!
Besides, I wasn't thinking about buying one, just wondering if I was right or not.
Barchetta re-release? - henry k

>>11,995 GBP
>>
The latest Car magazine also lists it at the same price.
"The 'little boat' sails bravely on, now back in production and
available in the UK. Getting rather ancient, but still lots of
fun and so cheap it looks like great value right now
....depreciation will sting when it comes to selling it on"
11,995 GBP

There you go. That's exactly what I read. I remember now, I was flicking through it in a waiting room, and decided to look up Fiat Coupe's in their used car guide, only to find that there's only a New car guide, and the Barchetta caught my eye, as I'd thought it wasn't new.

BM: You posted to this thread a few seconds too early ;)
Barchetta re-release? - barchettaman
You´d need your head examining if you bought a new one, even at 11k.
Second hand however they´re a much better proposition.
The ones on the web site must be the last few not yet sold as production has definitely stopped.
But what about the SMART roadster? The German press mentioned that it had been bought by a UK consortium. Will the Midget/Sprite be making a reappearance...? Or is it destined to go the same way as the Qvale Mangusta/MG mongrel thingy?
Barchetta re-release? - henry k
You´d need your head examining if you bought a new one, even at 11k.
Second hand however they´re a much better proposition.
The ones on the web site must be the last few not yet sold as production has definitely stopped.

>>
>>Well you might be surprised that Autotrader has a few for sale.
04reg 4.4k £10k
05reg 3.0k £11k
05reg 2.0k £11k
05reg 0.0k £11k
06reg 0.0k £11.6k
05reg 3.5k £12k
05reg 10.0 £12k