Best 4x4 to buy - ladypenelope
Hello there, I wonder if any one can help me. My husband has asked me what car I would like to replace my Range Rover, which is getting on a bit as it's due for its first MOT at the end of the year. I'd really like something bigger as it's a struggle getting both the children and the dog and the shopping in but I don't know if there is any thing bigger? I'll be using it every day for taking the kids to school and shopping but we use my husband's car at weekends. It has to be automatic and have air conditioning and a hook for my hand bag. Economy doesn't matter as I don't do many miles, but it has to be very strong as two people in cars have driven into the front of my Range Rover since I got it.
Does any one have any suggestions?
Best 4x4 to buy - Statistical outlier
No offence if it's not, but this is someone taking the mickey surely? :-)

Gord.
Best 4x4 to buy - lordy
Funny that Gord, I was thinking the same thing!

--
let me be the last to let you down....
Best 4x4 to buy - nick
Definitely a wind-up.
Best 4x4 to buy - Xileno {P}
What about a pink Rolls Royce?
Best 4x4 to buy - Lud
Or a nice metallic turquoise Hummer.
Best 4x4 to buy - Lud
Or actually, Lady P, one of those old Soviet tank transporter tractors would probably do the trick very nicely. Might not be automatic though.
Best 4x4 to buy - NowWheels
Does any one have any suggestions?

Easily solved, Lady Penelope!

The vehicle you need is a T-72. Robust, spacious and gifted with excellent off-road ability. This really is one strong machine: tinyurl.com/2xuea
Best 4x4 to buy - bikemade3
Lots of these avaiable cheap in Iraq, just full of 120mm holes.
Best 4x4 to buy - Union Jack
"Does any one have any suggestions?"

Yes, but neither you, not the Moderators, would like them! I'm just mesmerised at the idea that many of us would consider a three year old Range Rover as "getting on a bit"!

Assuming that His Lordship is not "getting on a bit", and knows rather more about cars than perhaps you do, does he have any specific vehicle in mind? If you like Land Rovers in general, a really Stone Age one (in your relative terms) would have a manual choke which could double as a handbag hook.

Jack

PS I hope I may be forgiven for wondering if your husband looks after the mortgage as well .....
Best 4x4 to buy - bradgate
Nice try!
Best 4x4 to buy - local yokel
Think this vehicle fits your requirements to a tee, Madam - no chance of the chavs mistaking your intentions in it, I'm sure you will agree.

tinyurl.com/kupl8
Best 4x4 to buy - Bill Payer
Some of the US forums are full of posts similar to this, and 18yr olds not sure whether to buy BMW 330 or similar Audi. Galling thing is, they're all genuine.
Best 4x4 to buy - Lud
Not quite ly... won't withstand a direct hit with a 155mm shell, or indeed from shrapnel if the shell lands closer than 10m away... you know what chavs are like these days, tooled up and nasty. I'd go for NW's T72 suggestion.

Another Iraqi motoring joke.

An Iraqi steals a T72. Driving away he is stopped at a roadblock.

'Are you carrying any weapons?'

'No.'

'OK. On your way, mate.'
Best 4x4 to buy - adverse camber
Ohhh!

dont like the prices. See the mondeo reduced to £38,000
Best 4x4 to buy - Lud
Bit cheap for Lady P d'you think? A few extras should sort it out, satnav, lace trigger cosies, that sort of thing.
Best 4x4 to buy - Dynamic Dave
My husband has asked me what car I would like to replace my Range Rover,

Is he the truck driver who's got a Toyota with a private numberplate?
Best 4x4 to buy - Adam {P}
Mondeo TDCi Estate.

Cavernous boot and you'll have no problems fitting Johnny, Jessie and Rover in the back.

It'd be a step up from the Range Rover too. At three years old you really need to be getting rid or it. People will look at you funny and it will start falling to bits anytime now.
Best 4x4 to buy - Avant
Nothing less than a bendy bus will do.

Seriously, Pen old fruit, you need a new Honda Civic. You no doubt belong to the hands-on, kamikaze-mum school of reversing, so why not get a car you can't see out of anyway?
Best 4x4 to buy - mrmender
JCB Fastrack