Peugeot 106 Y reg Urgent advice pse - pmh
I am having a quick look for a friend at a prospective buy. How do you release the bonnet catch!!!!

--

pmh (was peter)

Peugeot 106 Y reg URgent advice pse - 659FBE
Primary bonnet release is a small handle under dashboard on passenger's side near the A post. To release the safety catch, use one finger immediately to the right (as you look at it) of the bonnet badge. There is a plastic tab which you pull towards you with one finger to release the bonnet fully. The bonnet then rises gracefully on its gas struts.

Peugeot 106 Y reg URgent advice pse - pmh
Thanks very much. Will go and try it.

--

pmh (was peter)

Peugeot 106 Y reg URgent advice pse - pmh
Even when you have found it once it does not mean that it is easy to find the second time! Engine bay clean and tidy, and no signs of any oil leaks or front end damage.

Can any body quote the recommended cambelt change interval pse? Currently nearly 5yrs old 37 k done. Could be a negotiating point with the small independent who is selling it.

--

pmh (was peter)

Peugeot 106 Y reg URgent advice pse - LeePower
Im pretty sure that a 106 with a TU lump like this needs a cambelt replacement every 80k miles or 5 years whichever comes first.

Its also a good idea to change the water pump at the same time, They like to start leaking not long after a cambelt change so it makes sense to do it while you have easy access, Also use a genuine Peugeot water pump, they are worth the few quid extra for peace of mind.
Peugeot 106 Y reg URgent advice pse - bell boy
They are nicer with power steering if the model you are looking at doesnt have this then the trader will know and you could use that as a better bargaining tool than a belt,good cars all in, i like them.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Peugeot 106 Y reg URgent advice pse - madf
Haynes say 72k for belt changes or 36k for stop/start driving.

I find little obvious wear at 50k..
madf
Peugeot 106 Y reg URgent advice pse - madf
Watch for rust in seams under spare wheel plus rear side mebers.. some do go I believe.. Also fornt wishbone baaljoints wear.. test by rocking.. (about £50parts +labour).
Radiators corrode at bottom: watch for leaks.
Top hoses can go - especially complex one about £40ish.

Possible starting problems: inductance coil round ignition switch (thread on HJ covers it.. £17 part).
Driveshaft gaiters split. Front disks corrode and score..
madf