Reputable Brokers - Vansboy
Before you commit, have you actually armed yourself with all your on-line info & given the local dealer, chance to 'deal'?

When he see's you in a genuine buying mood.you might find him more receptive.

Whichever route you take, carry out as much of the transaction with credit card, (or according to some reports a Visa debit card). That way you'll have addedconsumer protection, if things go wrong, or the company closed.

VB
Reputable Brokers - scoobydoo
Yes I have, but local dealer offering 600 quid off a TS and not budging.Loads of online brokers offering over 2k discount. Ok I might not be first registered owner but I'm planning to keep it for a while anyway.
As u say, I would def do credit card as much as poss, but would be interesting to hear others experience with newcar4me, broadspeed etc
Reputable Brokers - steve.m
I tried to buy my new Nissan Primera Flare from one of the brokers listed on this site. After paying my deposit and hearing nothing for a month it turned out they could not supply the car. It took another 6 weeks to get my deposit back. I then tried one of the brokers you mentioned and at least they decided they could not supply within about 48 hours. I ended up at the dealers and paid below list price but significantly more than the brokers were offering. What narks me is that the broker who messed me about the most is still offering a brilliant deal on that model.
Reputable Brokers - scoobydoo
Now, that kind of info interests me :-)
Care to give me a clue about the name of the dealer who messed you about?
Reputable Brokers - SteVee
Yes I have, but local dealer offering 600 quid off a TS<<

Try other dealers. My dealer gave me(*) 1600 quid off a Sakata, and gave me a decent trade in on my MGF (not the most desirable car around). You should choose a car from stock (I had a choice of colours etc). The deals are there and Mazda are keen to sell.

(*)He would've given anyone 1600 quid off - I'm useless at haggling.
Reputable Brokers - steve.m
Don't think I can - I think this site has a no name no shame policy.
Reputable Brokers - Martin Wall
Family members have used Carfile (www.carfile.net/ ) a couple of times with no problems.

Also a friend used www.autobytel.co.uk/ without problem.

Drivethedeal have been about for a bit as well and I haven't heard anything bad about them.

A good broker should just be an introduction agency to the dealer who should then pay the broker if you go through with the sale.

Remember - once you get the best broker price phone around dealers near you to see if they'll match it/get very close to it. Make sure they know you are a serious buyer. Might be worth waiting until later in March when dealer sales targets need to be met perhaps.

If you have a trade-in however then it gets more complex as then it's all about cost to change.

Good luck!
Reputable Brokers - Vansboy
You mention not being first owner & not concerned.

Have you told the main dealers' you're REALLY looking for a pre registerd vehicle, rather than NEW??

I'm sure a few calls will get them more interested. The huge variation in dealers wanting to deal, within Mazda franchises, was similar to soooooo many other brands. We found this out when shopping for Mrs V's Mx5.

& are you aware of the crrent bargain £199/month contract hire (so full maintainence)offer? Applies to 1,8 & 2.0 TS models, but as a business user only.

With that incentive, they must have something up their sleeves for private buyers!!

& do think on the Sakata - well up on spec this motor.

VB
Reputable Brokers - blue_haddock
I've dealt with quite a few brokers during my time and i can honestly say if i was looking for a new motor i would have no hesitation is using the following companies

www.drivethedeal.co.uk
www.carfile.net
www.ukcarbroker.co.uk
www.broker4cars.co.uk

Pat at Carfile has already been mentioned here and is a highly regarded chap - he's been brokering cars now for over 30 years and he works closely with What Car on their target pricing.
Reputable Brokers - quizman
I was at the Ashbourne Shrovetide football yesterday and was introduced to Pat Lawless. What a smashing chap he is, he even laughed when I told him that I knew what time he had lunch. (look at his advert for Carfile in Whatcar)

Next time I want to buy a car, I shall certainly ring Pat.
I was at the Ashbourne Shrovetide football yesterday and was introduced
to Pat Lawless. What a smashing chap he is, he even
laughed when I told him that I knew what time he
had lunch. (look at his advert for Carfile in Whatcar)
Next time I want to buy a car, I shall certainly
ring Pat.

Yep Pat is just a thoroughly nice bloke although a little set in his ways - we had to drag him into the 21st century and get him a half decent website!
Reputable Brokers - tyro
Yep Pat is just a thoroughly nice bloke although a little
set in his ways - we had to drag him into
the 21st century and get him a half decent website!

The website was a bit of a surprise to those of us who loved the unbelievably, er . . . 'retro' adverts he used to put in What Car. :-)
The website was a bit of a surprise to those of
us who loved the unbelievably, er . . . 'retro' adverts
he used to put in What Car. :-)

Pat even wanted to put the 20 year old photo he used in his ads onto the new website!
Reputable Brokers - Dalglish
Pat even wanted ...... onto the new website!

>>

blue haddock:
since you know him, perhaps you cn point out to hime that typo errors - such as "your paying" instead of "you are paying" and "carsthroughout" instead of "cars throughout" - in the "permanent" or infrequently changing parts of the website are worth correcting.

( imo typos in the fast changing copy are not worth correcting ).

Reputable Brokers - Dalglish
note my own typos 8-0 :
"can point out to him"
Reputable Brokers - Statistical outlier
I recently had a very good experience using uknewcars.com. Near instant introduction to dealer, price and car exactly as they appeared. Was very good, I would use them again.

I also had good experiences with personalcarfinance.co.uk, who have a great site if you want to compare prices. In the end, they couldn't get me the exact spec I wanted, but communications were very good, and they were completely open about it. If Id wanted the built-in satnav, then their price on that was great.

Gord.
Reputable Brokers - g3zdm
>> I tried to buy my new Nissan Primera Flare from one
of the brokers listed on this site. After paying my deposit
and hearing nothing for a month it turned out they could
not supply the car. It took another 6 weeks to get
my deposit back. I then tried one of the brokers you
mentioned and at least they decided they could not supply within
about 48 hours. I ended up at the dealers and paid
below list price but significantly more than the brokers were offering.
What narks me is that the broker who messed me about
the most is still offering a brilliant deal on that model.

I'm in the same boat- you must have been 1 of the 15 people who went for the Primera Flare at under £9000. The firm )or more likely 1-man band) also moved from Shrewsbury to Wakefield during the last few weeks.
Steve Lewis did say it would take 2 or 3 weeks to get the £184 deposit back. I'll be chasing for this soon.
I ended up going instead for an Oct04 registered Primera 2.2 dCiSX with 5,500 miles on it for £9000 (including Supaguard treatment) from a local Nissan dealer (picked it up yesterday).

Chris Muriel, Manchester