battery conditioner - scc
I'm intending to get a conditioner as due to work my car is left garaged for up to two months at a time.

Anyone got any thoughts on using the cigar lighter for the connection - there seem to be different views on the advisability of doing this.
battery conditioner - John S
scc

Don't believe it's a problem as the current these conditioners use is very low, and it's perhaps more convenient than croc clips on the battery terminals.

The crucial thing is to make sure your car has a lighter socket that is 'live' when the ignition is off, otherwise there's no connection to the battery.

JS
battery conditioner - tr7v8
Some come with hardwiring to the battery to another socket. TVR owners use this as they have very difficult access to the battery. You could always make a pair of leads to do the same thing. I have 2 & they've saved me a fortune on batteries on the TR7 & Scimitar that are rarely used.
battery conditioner - Victorbox
"Some come with hardwiring to the battery to another socket"

I use the CTEK 800 as here:- www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/ProductInformation/Batte...m hard wired to the battery with the supplied short lead and plastic socket - just un-plug the CTEK socket when you want to use the car. You get crocodile clips too. You will see they offer a cigarette socket lead as an option. This is a fantastic conditioner - I leave it connected for months.
battery conditioner - Aprilia
Check out the 'Battery Tender' - very popular in the US (where its made) and waterproof too. Comes with croc-clips and in-line connector for 'hard wiring' into the electrical system Works like a charm. About £30.

Ebay item nr. 8000761784
battery conditioner - pastyman
You could try the Optimate 3 battery charger and conditioner, it is supplied with a hard wire lead and croc clips and as a option you can get cigar lighter plugs and sockets and other types for connections. this unit is usually found in motorcycle shops, although its suitable for anything with a battery from golf buggys to large cars, it will even do deep discharge batteries.
Hope this helps.

Pastyman
battery conditioner - trancer
Had a Battery Tender for years when I lived in the US and it always did the job. Didn't realize they were sold over here so I got a C-tek XS7000, based on many recommendations.
battery conditioner - scc
Thanks for the help - I decided to go for the Ctek 800 which should do the trick. Turns out the cigar lighter is not an option as there is no power when the ignition is off.