Golf Pd TDi Oil Change - Grease_monkey
My 54 plate TDi had just come up to a year old. It is set to flexible servicing and was wondering if there is any benefit in changing the oil after a year or 10000 miles old. The book says it's good for 30000 miles or 24 months. Can anyone recommend otherwise
Golf Pd TDi Oil Change - daveyjp
If you intend on keeping the car for years and years change it as often as you feel fit.

If you intend getting rid after 2 or 3 years change it when the variable servicing system advises.
Golf Pd TDi Oil Change - oldtoffee
If I was in the market for this type of car at 2 or 3 years old I'd prefer it to have been on a fixed service schedule or for it to have had an oil and filter change at 12 months or 10,000 miles. Done at an independent you shouldn't pay much more than £60 or £70 and IMO this would indicate an extra degree of care taken by the owner. It probably won't add any value to the car but might make it a bit more desirable at sale time.

Golf Pd TDi Oil Change - Dr Rubber
My TDi touran is on longlife, but gets serviced at one year or as per the service computer, which ever comes first. This is a bit of a compramise, as its longer than 10k, but well short of what the computer thinks.
Joe